Bloody IBS!!!

Lynds77

Reaction score
had another attack last night. After dinner it felt like i had trapped wind. Then I got the tell tale stomach cramp. Went to bed and cramps got a lot worse, started throwing up at 1.30 and my dinner that i had eaten 7 hours earlier practically came up whole. usually once i am sick that is it, i start feeling better but oh no, not last night. Was last sick at 5am this morning when nothing else was coming up, but i have still got the stomach spasms. They are not as frequent as during the night but i am still getting the odd one. Its got me worried as it has never happened like this before.

got a doc appointment at 5pm today, cause i am off sick again and my work is gonna flip!!!!

anyone else battling IBS when pregnant? what do you use?

I've been on Colofac to manage my IBS but come off them as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Of course that ment my IBS went woohoo party time! amd gave me the cramps and squints for a few days.

Got docs on Tuesday so will see if there's anything I can have for when it flares up.

Aww poor you! :( Don't suffer with this myself, so can't offer too much help.. But hope the docs goes well and things get better for you xx

I've been on Colofac to manage my IBS but come off them as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Of course that ment my IBS went woohoo party time! amd gave me the cramps and squints for a few days.

Got docs on Tuesday so will see if there's anything I can have for when it flares up.

they have given me colofac too, but I dont like taking it. Got anti-sickness tabs from the doc today but she says last nights attack sounds more like a stomach ulcer. So she gave me more tabs to take for stomach acid but as they aint been tested in pregnancy I wont be taking them either!

just hope it all buggers off again once baby is here.....

I am not pregnant but when my IBS is really bad I tend to throw up, it's like the food can't work it's way through so it all comes back up! Not much help I know but hope you feel better soon!

Are the anti sickness meds Buccastem? I've got those for when real bad bout of IBS and migraines but don't know if can take them whilst pregnant or not.

Yeah they are buccastem 3mg buccal tabs that dissolve on your gums. Taste rank!

Ah cool. Not had any yet as even when I need them I try to hold off as long as poss but the morning sickness is getting worse :(

Big hugs hun :hugs:

Its rubbish feeling rubbish all the time ...

I've been suffering from mild IBS on and off - not had an "attack" for a while but its feeling imminent.

It also feel like peanuts foot is in my foof today ... jesus it hurts!

Ohh ladies i have IBS too (havent been diagnosed yet as have put it off for years) but im assuming this is what i have as i constanly have an upset stomach but have learnt over the years to deal with it! Seems to be at its worse in the morning! This thread has been really useful thank you xxx

Yep I suffer from this as well. First 3 months of pregnancy were horrific, not helped by the antibiotics I was put on for a UTI. I don't throw up with mine - I'm the other end.... :O
I have tried most things pre-pregnancy with no real effect, have you any food triggers that you could avoid? I was told Dicycloverine (sp?) was ok at a push in pregnancy.....
I've just been diagnosed with SPD as well, but I have a feeling that the near constant cramps low down are my IBS and not SPD - it sucks that both of these conditions are effectively non-treatable :( And spend most of my time worrying that something is wrong....

My IBS started playing up badly what I can only assume was just after conception and hasn't stopped since. The cramps are horrific, I feel like I'm having a really heavy bad period (causing much confusion in the days between being due on a testing). The GP has happily left me on mebeverine (coflac), and I think a little medication might be better for the baby that me being even worse, as it was so bad a few days ago I was dehydrating.

Have any of you tried peppermint oil tablets (usually called colpermin) They only disolve when they hit the bowels and I have found them really good in the past, and of course they are natural

The doc today told me to stop my membevermine. They are the slow release tablets tho and not instant relife ones.

Peppermint tea is helping with the sickness a bit and eating more toast instead of cerial for breakfeast has helped some but jeez dont all you ladies wonder if the next cramp is a bad cramp or just your bloody IBS.

look into soluble and insoluble fibre. Apparently one of them is quite bad for IBS sufferers, cant remember which one. I tend to avoid both as much as possible as its defo my trigger.

I'm going through an ibs attack last couple of days ... Gettig no sleep cos my tum is so sore :cry:

Stupid body!

Please excuse any typos from
My fat fingers!

I've tried Colpermin and didn't find them at all useful! They repeated on me terribly... Having the cramps makes me worry all the time about the baby and I have to keep reminding myself that I had them before I was pregnant so therefore there is probably nothing too much to worry about...?!?! Doesn't always work though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back