blood spots?

cassi

Reaction score
When Jakob was first born and we were readmitted to hospital i noticed sometimes he would have little spots of blood on his nappy the doctors said it was probably just a graze or a tiny cut causing it and not to worry as it was so little and i havnt seen it since we left hospital but then today he had a bath and he was wrapped up in the towel and he decided to do a wee on the towel and there was blood stains on the towel where he had wee'd they were in little patches so i dont know if they came out with his wee or before i cant see a cut or anything on the outside, any ideas? i know its normal for baby girls to bleed early on but boys?

Have a docs app tomorrow for suspected thrush and will mention that too but any ideas as im a tad worried?

thanks cas x

does it look like blood diluted by wee or is it proper lookng bright red blood?

just wondered as alex has what i thought was blood in his nappy (near where his willy was) when he was newborn and i was really freaked - after looking it up in countless books i found that new babies can secrete urates in their urine that staines it pink/red. when i told midwife she agreed with me that it was that.

sorry if it is very definately blood but thought i would mention it as it really looked like blood that was mixed with wee.

if its blood then i'm not sure hun :?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

Hun i have no idea but i hope he is okay hes been through so much already can you phone the midwife?
Katrina

Jamie had this & I very nearly had heart failure! Our midwife said its perfectly normal, it was just his body getting rid of excess hormones.

Oh my god I totally forgot about this when Aaron was born, he had the same thing in hospital and I totally paniced, hit the alarm and a midwife came to see me and she said it was totally normal for it to happen. It really scared me though. I'd mention it though at your doc's just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back