Blood pressure

nikki8092

Reaction score
Well was in hospital yesterday and had my bp taken. It was 127/67 which i thought for me that was a bit high as mine is normally 90/60 which is on the low range of normal. When ii asked midwife she said it was fine but have just read that any increase in systolic pressure over 30 can be the start of pre eclampsia... just wondered if any ladies had any info/advice/experience on this x:eh:

mine is always between 125/130 over 70/75 hun so im afraid i cant offer much advice, i hope its ok tho

i wouldnt be concerned normally as they say high blood pressure is anything over 140/90 i think but the fact that in 10 days it has gone up so dramatically from 97/47 which is considered low to 127/67 and reading that anything above 30 should be checked im starting to worry x

Don't know hun mine has ranged from 122/63 to 137/83 so mine have always been on the higher side. x

yeah wouldnt be too concerned if it hadnt shot up by 30 in 10 days as to me that seems a bit drastic. Might be stress due to the bleeding etc who knows xx

I wouldn't be surprised if the stress of that was whats putting it up. Do you have anymore symptoms?

Lol be easier asking me what i dont have!! Been feeling sick for past couple of days and my vision is a bit blurry but putting that down to my eyesight. Finding it a bit hard to breathe but that could be anything and i do keep getting a pain under my right rib which could be muscular but if you put them altogether it could be HELLP syndrome associated with pre eclampsia. GOOGLE IS THE ENEMY lol. Well they took a urine sample yesterday and apparently protein shows up with pre eclampsia or hellp so will have to see what that comes out as. xx

When are you next due a BP test? If I were you and I was worried I would get them to repeat your BP check in the next few days to see if it as returned to 'normal' (for you) or whether it has increased any further. Could easily be the extra stress you've been under, but always best to double check these things. X

Thats what i thought Nic. Im not due a mw appointment for another 3 weeks tho. xx

mine has ranged from 98/60 - 147/80 with protein in my urine and they stil dont take me or anything, my bp literally changes everyday!! go to a walk in midwife clinic if you have them in your area? then if they see your raised bp they will refer you to hospital....

worrying/stress etc will make it worse, mines dropped now my complications have passed!

xxx

Wow 147 is high! Never had bp higher than 110 before not even in my other 2 pregnancies. Think i may call to find out what my urine showed if anything first. Doesnt help im worrying over everything this time round x

yeah i was shocked at how high it was but i was sooo stressed out n they knew that so had it repeated the next day and it was 98!! so it can change dramatically day to day. Yep definitley give them a call it should put your mind at ease, good luck hope the results are ok
xxx

Could be the stress and things not helping you out, but I think you should get it checked out before three weeks to see if it has gone down any, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back