• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blood in poo

laracomps

Reaction score
Tonight Phoebe had what I can only describe as what looked like tiny bits of tomato ketchup streaked and dotted on the outside of her poo. Don't get me wrong, there was not loads of it, but enough for me to notice. I assume that it was blood, I don't know what else it could be to be honest and I've never seen it before.

I spoke to NHS Direct who said its hard to tell what is wrong as so many things have been changed recently, she's on Gaviscon for her reflux, I also had to change her milk from a sensitive one back to normal Aptamil (you can't put the gaviscon in pre-thickened milk). They said it sounds like we haven't sorted out her feeds correctly yet. They also agreed with me that she does not have colic like the GP's keep telling me :cry:

I just feel like its one thing after another. This will be our 4th GP trip in 2 weeks. If she becomes unwell in the night I have been advised to go straight to hospital. If not GP again tomorrow morning.

They also said if I can't get a GP appointment, to take her to my HV - fat lot of good that would be, she's rubbish :(

Does anyone have any experience with this? From what I have read it could either be from straining or possibly a milk allergy (which has been my suspicion all along).

I don't know how much more of this I can take. Sorry for the miserable post :(

:hug: Lara take her down to the hospital and skip your crappy GP.

:hug: It's not worth the worry x

aww no :(

you poor things! you have been through it so much lately! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I ditto what Jade says, also pop a bit of vaseline on her bottom just incase it is from straining. I did that with James as he was getting a cracked bum when he was really constipated xx

Jade&Evie said:
How is Phoebe Lara? x

Well she seems ok so far - no more poos tho, so I've no idea if the redish streaks are still there - it kind of looked like the colour of runny ketchup if you see what I mean? I don't see what else it could have been other than blood. I'll see what they say. I would have kept the nappy but where I folded it quickly to phone NHS Direct, it all kind of squashed together so you can't see it :doh:

We are off to the Doctors at half 10. I'll let you know how it goes.

I hate all of this so much, this morning I have woken up feeling like I'm over reacting about it, when in reality I know I'm not - because if anything happened to her I'd never forgive myself. I just constantly feel like the Doctors think I'm making it up.

This is the last trip I'm going to make to the GP's. I'm seeing another different doctor today, a lady. I'll see what she says. I'm going to question why she would have colic at 4 and a half months.

I'm also going to try and book an appointment for me.

Well we're back. The doctor was lovely - she was a younger lady and could see I was in some distress about it all. She said she didn't think it was much to worry about but went and got a colleague to double check for me. He said it wasn't uncommon in babies and might be from straining.

They agree its best to try and wait to see the paed now as they don't know enough about baby problems. The doc reckoned colic can continue past 12 weeks especially in girls?! I am not so sure I agree its colic still.

Its frustrating that she hasn't done another poo. Unless I'm really worried they said they don't think I need to go back if it happened again. To be honest, if I was really worried again, I'd take her to hospital.

The Doc agreed that I also need to see someone, she said I looked tired and like I needed a break - she said sometimes even just talking about it can help. I might try and get an appointment with her.

Thanks all for supporting me and listening, I dunno what I'd do sometimes without you lot.

Fingers crossed we have no hiccups before monday. :pray:

OK, not being funny, but is she on any food as of yet or still just milk?

Oh ok. Just wondered cos I have heard some people say after beginning to wean that they have fed baby carrot/tomato etc and then freaked out cos it looked like baby was bleeding from their bum but it was actually food.

Hope she is ok xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lara - I just read this thread :hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor you and Phoebe. I am glad that the doctors said that it's nothing to worry about.

You seemed to have been a bit unfortunate with all your troubles, keep your chin up. You seem like a great lady with a positive attitude so keep it going. One of these days it will get much easier for you too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back