blocked milk duct / poss mastitus ?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok , anyone any advise about blocked milk ducts / mastitus ? ive been so poorly today , just like ive got the flu , my boob is now red n swallon and its not producing enough milk to feed leland have had to top up loads today with formula , it started yesterday .

have done what internet suggests , paracetomol , warm flannel , expressing LOTS and after every breast feed but its making me sooo poorly im worried how ill get through tonight been feverish and freezing cold even tho the room thermometer says 24 n it and ive just took my temp and tis gone from 37.1 ( im usually 36.6 ) up to 38.1 :cry: also have stinking head ache but that could be lack of sleep

im at my mums , not home till tomorrow and wont get into docs till tues , but mum does have a walk in clinic ? when do i say enough and go ? before i leave tomorrow ?

feeling awfull :cry:

might go walk in clinc tomorrow then as wont get to docs till tues . its rubbish midna :wall: i feel i can barely look after leland so glad im at mums and got hubby here too

how long did it last?

I had it twice. Its not nice, i feel for you hun :hug: Can you get an out of hours gp? I found the symptoms went really quickly after I started antibiotics :hug: :hug: :hug:

defo sounds like mastitus

it is so rough...sounds like you are following the advice

hope you can get to docs soon

I woke up monday feeling like death, sore, hot boobs, sky high temp,...started my antibiotics that afternoon and felt better by the evening. Whatever you do don't stop feeding... babies are the best for getting the milk out... cluster feeding time was bliss....even if it hurt like hell... it stings as mid says but its nice to feel empty boobs. Be prepared for your lo to have an upset tummy for a while tho on the antibiotics. :x

thanks guys , have got into mums docs this morning my temp has come down a lil thank god ! and bri let me have 4 hours of un interupted sleep by sleeping on the sofa downstairs and looking after leland while i slept upstairs . think thats helped too. still have the lump , red boiling hot boob so gonna get the antibitics anyway

thanks for the warning squig , as if his poo's arent explosive enough !

Definitely go to the surgery for the antibiotics. It sounds like mastitis and I had it twice (never really went away the first time). It's awful, but as others have said, keep feeding from that breast.

Oh, take care sweetie, I so feel for you, mastitis is very very hard - had me in tears all the time! :(

Hope it goes away soon :hug:

been to docs, it is mastitus and i had a temp of 99 :lol: close to boiling lol

sorry, totally off topic, but congrats G3M, I only just realised you had had your baby! :hug:

its ok sarah he was a tad early lol and ive not done my birth story yet :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back