Blighted Ovum

Sali2012

Reaction score
I've had two blighted ovums within 7 months! One in jannary and currently going through my second one. I've been doing a lot of research and found out that blighted ovums are unlikely to happen more than once. I'm just concern that even though my consultant will prescribe me medication for future pregnancy, I'm still concern that it will happen again or even worse and something else will go wrong at later stage with the baby. I'm just really puzzled what to do? If there's something wrong then I'm sure it won't just cure itself. I've got an appt with my GP to discuss if they can do some tests for me establish if I have a health issue which is causing this but on the NHS, you have to miscarry three times before they investigate.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this or know someone who has and if so what was the reason and what did they do?

Thank you in advance x

Hi, iv not had two blighted ovums. But I had a blighted ovum preg not long ago that was my 3rd miscarriage. What medication will you get prescribed for your next preg? How long after your first blighted ovun were you preg again? Sorry this has happened to you again and hope youget answers xx

hi i have only had 1 blighted ovum then i had a late mc at 10 weeks my docs wont do any tests till i have a 3rd :-( but i know some reluctantly do after just 2 its nhs practice which is crap! im just taking asprin and high dose folic acid to try and help with my next pregnancy, gd luck and i hope they help you and im realy sorry for both ur losses xxx

Thank you both!
Abilouise, the consultant will give me baby asprin, folic acid 5mg and progesterone. My last mc was in January and I got pg again end of May/beginning of June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back