• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bleurgh!

It's got nothing to do with accents. It has more to do with poorly being an adverb and not an adjective, but hey, it was meant to be a joke. I didn't bother quoting you directly because it was meant to be a lighthearted crack and nothing more. It's like if I started a post with "Strewth I feel crook today" and someone said "what are you on about? Didn't you learn to speak properly at school? Only an Aussie could say something like that..." I'd like to think that I'd have a laugh rather than taking offense.

:moon:

keelie_b says >not all pregnancys are the same and some struggle more than other so can we be more supportive and not shoot others down for this...

Alright, now it's my turn to be offended. I'd like you to imagine for a second that you were just as pregnant and sick and hormonal with your first baby as you are now, only you are on the other side of the planet from all of your family and closest friends, you have no money, nowhere to live when the baby is born and no chance for government assistance or maternity pay because of your nationality. Maybe things would be easier if you just went home but you aren't planning to because you want your baby and its father to know each other even though the pregnancy is unplanned and he's told you that he doesn't want a baby.

But hey, I must not be struggling with anything at the moment because I'm trying to have a friendly stab at some language and climate differences.

>I appreciate that its even hotter than this in other countries but when us Yorkshire lasses are not used to it, it can be tiering. When i was in Adelaide i loved the heat but it was a very dry heat and easier to deal with then our mugginess.

I'm from Cairns, not Adelaide. It's tropical rainforest and believe me, it's muggy.

>I know all us ladies on here are hormonal but as a Yorkshire lass myself i took offence to the last post.

I'm living in Yorkshire, with my Yorkshire partner and I love it here. I love the countryside and the people. I find it strange but cute that all the kids I work with say that they're feeling "poorly" when I think they mean "ill".

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post and I'm sorry for any offense I did cause. It was honestly meant to be a friendly joke. You ladies are the only people I can talk to at the moment about my concerns and having you all take offense and turn on me with what feels like a personal attack has left me bawling my eyes out.

Cairns - its ok no worries you shouldnt get upset but i just felt that your words were a little harsh and im very deffensive of my accent as im sure you would be. But its just as accent, nothing to do with English schooling.

Look, we're a hormonal bunch, we're all touchy and easily offended, its not a personal dig against you and no one is ganging up against you we just simply let you know that your wording was very strong.

Theres a reason we'll all on here and its for support. so we need to remember that a bit more. Especially in tri one as its a very scary place.
Dont get upset its done with now and we can forget it so we'll all put it behind us :)

Hope your all feeling better.

It's so easy to offend when writing I find as it's hard to tell what is a joke and what isn't! I tend to put lot's of :rotfl: or :lol: after if I'd hate to think anyone thought I was being serious.

Group hug everyone :hug: we are all here for the same thing and if everyone is feeling just as poorly :oops: :rotfl: as each other we could all do with a big hug :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

By the way please don't read my message too carefully it will be full of spelling mistakes but I just can't be assed to take too much time checking :lol: :hug:

I'm running away back to 2nd tri :rotfl:

I'll just join your group hug first Jools :hug:

I agree :rotfl: makes a joke much more obvious.

hopefully your feeling better Claire :)

I agree, hormonal girlies we are but we need to support each other!!!

it is very hard to know what tone to take something in when its wrote down

GROUP HUG

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think we could all do with a hug at the moment xxx

Thanks everyone. I'm all teary again, but this time because people have been nice and forgiven me. I'll remember to put a :rotfl: next time I make a joke. It was a bad joke anyway. Don't worry, I work with school kids in York and from what I've seen of the quality of education here I think it's pretty good.

Hey im a yorkie (not the dig kind) must admit i say ill, but i do type it sometimes, feck it, if anyone here is like me then its because im a comoner :rotfl: and i love to admit it to people

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back