Bleeding after c.section

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I had my c.section 19 days ago. The bleeding slowed down but since yesterday is back to bright red (not heavy) and I have period cramps. Is this normal? (I am bottle feeding). I am hoping to see my GP tomorrow, I still have my pregnancy rash and am going nuts with the itching, so will mention it to him, but was just wondering. It might be because I am trying to do too much rather then rest, but we try to go for a walk each day and get LO out.

Mx

Hi Hun,

I bled for a couple of months kinda on and off. Would totally stop then a few days later would be back to full on bleeding again. Dont do too much around the house as apparently this can make it worse and can make the recover process longer (easier said than done with a newb).

I got my period about 3-4 weeks after the post preg bleeding stopped. But everyone is different.

Congratulations on your baby, Have you done a birth story? I'll have a look xxx

i didnt have a section but wanted to say i bleed for about 5 weeks and the period cramps are probably your uterus contracting back down, it takes longer cos your not BFing, i had awful cramp whilst feeding for the first week cos it helps it contract back down.
my bleeding also changed colour towards the end.
my HV told me i was doing too much trying to get out all the time so i'm sure its affecting you too especially after the section

I would say this is normal, my bleeding came back bright red and then would go for a day or tow then back again.

Ditto what Tally said about the cramps.

BTW I had a section also.

I bled for 11 weeks after mine,

like yours it would go really red but it was if i'd done too much, take it easy and make sure you get some rest, hard i know with a new baby but i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Saw the Dr this morning and he said it could just be a scab falling of where the placenta has been. He gave me some antibiotics and said if it continues on Saturday to start taking them or if it gets any heavier.

He also said if I am able to do an emergency stop in car it is ok to drive even after 3 weeks of a c.section :cheer: :cheer:

Mx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back