Bleeding After BFP

Leila

Reaction score
Hi, I got my definite positive pregnancy test I think at 12dpo - although I did have very faint lines before that I presumed were evaporation lines - I wasn’t tracking my ovulation date but can usually feel when I ovulate.

I ovulated early I think day 9 or ten I usually ovulate day 12, as my cycle was a bit messed up with a miscarriage before my period was actually due - I know this as I tested positive - then miscarried and got my period.

Anyway I am now 21dpo I have had symptoms of full breasts and sensitive breasts which I still have, pressure in my uterus which seems to have subsided.
I did a pregnancy two days ago and the pregnancy line was beginning to get stronger than the control line.
Yesterday I checked inside and there was creamy/ blood tinged CM, not a lot I had to touch my cervix with my finger slightly - sorry too much info - and it was pink and veering on a dark pink.
Today it is yellowing and not a lot of CM quite similar to before my period.....

The fullness in my uterus seems to have gone away, breasts still sore and full, although lost weight as I have given up sugar since I discovered I was pregnant.

I have miscarries before a few times and each time was different .... so really not sure

can you have implantation bleeding after a positive pregnancy test ? Can the embryo be burrowing in further and cause bleeding.

I will call my GP tomorrow but as I am still so early they are reluctant to do much....

Any advice would be appreciated

thanks

I think light spotting is quite common in early pregnancy. If it were to get heavier then I would be concerned.
Hopefully everything is ok though and congratulations on your BFP!

I think light spotting is quite common in early pregnancy. If it were to get heavier then I would be concerned.
Hopefully everything is ok though and congratulations on your BFP!
It just seems like the beginning of my period .... and the fullness in my uterus has subsided.

I’ll keep this thread updated for future reference for others

But if anyone else can add any reassurance will be so grateful xx

Congratulations on your bfp. I just looked at my notes as I spotted one night and the next day it was when I was 23/24dpo as I have miscarried before also I thought here we go again. That was end of last month and my morning sickness has now kicked in so I am praying all is okay and hope you are okay too. Xxx

Congratulations on your bfp. I just looked at my notes as I spotted one night and the next day it was when I was 23/24dpo as I have miscarried before also I thought here we go again. That was end of last month and my morning sickness has now kicked in so I am praying all is okay and hope you are okay too. Xxx
Thank you my dear for the reassurance and nice thoughts ;)

it’s so useful keeping a record of everything, I know not every pregnancy is the same but seeing blood is so frightening. I’ll do another pregnancy test tomorrow to make sure the line is still dark, trying not to be obsessed with pregnancy tests .... as costs too much money !
Xxx

Thank you my dear for the reassurance and nice thoughts ;)

it’s so useful keeping a record of everything, I know not every pregnancy is the same but seeing blood is so frightening. I’ll do another pregnancy test tomorrow to make sure the line is still dark, trying not to be obsessed with pregnancy tests .... as costs too much money !
Xxx
I only kept record this time as miscarried also and as you say each pregnancy is so different. When I have spoken to my midwife about this she just said as it is common and should be okay unless along with bad cramping/or and backache.

Seeing blood is so frightening and I totally understand why you would be as you have had previous losses. I panicked when I saw it. I never thought to class it as implantation bleeding as you think that around 6-12dpo you would get it then but it can be classed as that few weeks after.

You could always try and phone early pregnancy assessment service/ unit if anymore spotting they could give you an early scan from around 6+ weeks.

Xxx

I only kept record this time as miscarried also and as you say each pregnancy is so different. When I have spoken to my midwife about this she just said as it is common and should be okay unless along with bad cramping/or and backache.

Seeing blood is so frightening and I totally understand why you would be as you have had previous losses. I panicked when I saw it. I never thought to class it as implantation bleeding as you think that around 6-12dpo you would get it then but it can be classed as that few weeks after.

You could always try and phone early pregnancy assessment service/ unit if anymore spotting they could give you an early scan from around 6+ weeks.

Xxx

yes even though - I think - implantation bleeding happened prior to a positive test result, I am sure previously in the hospital they told me that spotting can still be implantation as the blastocyst will still implant further causing bleeding or spotting.

I was referred already to the recurrent miscarriage department , I have just found the number so I’ll call them tomorrow, I think they would like to put me on progesterone. I am already taking thyroxine and awaiting my thyroid test results .... so hopefully will be ok. Just feels like I’ll get my period, as before my period I have no cramping just spotting and my cramping I had previously has totally disappeared..... just painful breasts

yes even though - I think - implantation bleeding happened prior to a positive test result, I am sure previously in the hospital they told me that spotting can still be implantation as the blastocyst will still implant further causing bleeding or spotting.

I was referred already to the recurrent miscarriage department , I have just found the number so I’ll call them tomorrow, I think they would like to put me on progesterone. I am already taking thyroxine and awaiting my thyroid test results .... so hopefully will be ok. Just feels like I’ll get my period, as before my period I have no cramping just spotting and my cramping I had previously has totally disappeared..... just painful breasts
The worst is just not knowing and not being able to speak to someone right away isn't it. Happy though you found a number and they would be able to help you better than I would and they would normally always scan early then which can also be reassuring when you can see that all is going well. Will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on. Xxx

The worst is just not knowing and not being able to speak to someone right away isn't it. Happy though you found a number and they would be able to help you better than I would and they would normally always scan early then which can also be reassuring when you can see that all is going well. Will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on. Xxx
Yes the worst is not knowing. My last miscarriage something didn’t feel right, I kept going to the GP who told me I was being paranoid and everything was fine including my elevated temperature. I ended up miscarrying I think at around 9 weeks the baby heart stopped at 7. Ended up in hospital for 10 days due to infection..... the consultant was disgusted the GP sent me home and told me I was fine. So I am happy I have already been referred prior to getting pregnant to the recurrent miscarriage unit, who found nothing wrong with me...

But I am not sure about early scans can they cause damage? They seem to be pretty invasive ? What do you think? Each pregnancy I have been scanned at 6 weeks this one I was trying to avoid being scanned until later on... xxx

Yes the worst is not knowing. My last miscarriage something didn’t feel right, I kept going to the GP who told me I was being paranoid and everything was fine including my elevated temperature. I ended up miscarrying I think at around 9 weeks the baby heart stopped at 7. Ended up in hospital for 10 days due to infection..... the consultant was disgusted the GP sent me home and told me I was fine. So I am happy I have already been referred prior to getting pregnant to the recurrent miscarriage unit, who found nothing wrong with me...

But I am not sure about early scans can they cause damage? They seem to be pretty invasive ? What do you think? Each pregnancy I have been scanned at 6 weeks this one I was trying to avoid being scanned until later on... xxx
That is terrible you ended up in hospital due to infection. No wonder you are so concerned about everything. I actually miscarried at 9 weeks and heartbeat stopped at 7 too after seeing a heartbeat few days early. My OH was thinking the same thing. So many ladies on here have had early scans and all been okay but this time I was trying to leave it longer so understand your thoughts on it. I hope your spotting was a one off and don't spot again. Xxx

That is terrible you ended up in hospital due to infection. No wonder you are so concerned about everything. I actually miscarried at 9 weeks and heartbeat stopped at 7 too after seeing a heartbeat few days early. My OH was thinking the same thing. So many ladies on here have had early scans and all been okay but this time I was trying to leave it longer so understand your thoughts on it. I hope your spotting was a one off and don't spot again. Xxx

I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s so hard :(

Yes I have convinced myself that early scans are unhealthy, I really would like to avoid it, but then not knowing either .... drives you insane.....

I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s so hard :(

Yes I have convinced myself that early scans are unhealthy, I really would like to avoid it, but then not knowing either .... drives you insane.....
It is so hard but hopefully this time it will be better outcome for both. I will try and leave it a little longer before a scan even if I can get passed 8weeks or wait until my dating scan at 12weeks if all still okay.

If you still have dark tests and symptoms like tender breasts hopefully all is okay xxx

It is so hard but hopefully this time it will be better outcome for both. I will try and leave it a little longer before a scan even if I can get passed 8weeks or wait until my dating scan at 12weeks if all still okay.

If you still have dark tests and symptoms like tender breasts hopefully all is okay xxx

As I said I did a test two days ago and the line had darkened... I’ll do another one tomorrow and see how it is... trying to avoid testing as that easily can become something to obsess about. :(

yes hopefully for us both xxx

As I said I did a test two days ago and the line had darkened... I’ll do another one tomorrow and see how it is... trying to avoid testing as that easily can become something to obsess about. :(

yes hopefully for us both xxx
Yes I agree I haven't tested in weeks because I use to be an addict in previous pregnancies. if I spot again I will go for early scan but hoping I don't. I think just a personal choice and hope you are okay whatever you decide or maybe when you phone tomorrow they might give better advice. Good luck xxx

Did a test this morning, last previous test I did was on Thursday morning, so 3 days later. Had spotting Saturday. Test was stronger, line came up immediately and test line really really faint. So hoping a good sign, however breasts aren’t as sore today and do not have stretching sensations anymore in Uterus. So really have no idea, maybe everything settled down after implantation...... I will call the EPU today and update here

So happy to hear your positive is very strong that it is stealing the test line colour now.
Hopefully it has all just settled down there and symptoms come and go so hopefully all is well. Good luck xxx

So happy to hear your positive is very strong that it is stealing the test line colour now.
Hopefully it has all just settled down there and symptoms come and go so hopefully all is well. Good luck xxx
Well just been told HCG can still rise but at a slower rate even if no further development... I’ll just wait to see what the EPU day

Well just been told HCG can still rise but at a slower rate even if no further development... I’ll just wait to see what the EPU day
Will be thinking of you. Good luck xxx

Thyroid test is good as below

TSH 1.13
T3 4.6
T4 18.6

progesterone which was tested day of my due period 27 day cycle was 54.9

I called EPU they will give me progesterone and I can also increase my dosage of thyroid medication by 12.5mg a day ...

I am convinced I’m getting my period as it feels exactly like that and breast stopped hurting and feeling so full and also uterus feeling has changed and feels like I will get my period.... and how it was when I started bleeding before other miscarriages

I will visit EPU I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back