Bjorn baby carriers

HanSam

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

A little while ago i was querying which baby carrier to opt for and there were quite a few who recommended the Bjorn brand. I have since ordered one after reading other reviews on the web etc.

But i have just seen on facebook that the Bjorn brand are not good as they can cause Hip Dysplasia. Not sure if this link will work : http://www.facebook.com/#!/BabyLoveBirthCenter

I am now worrying - do you think should try and return it and opt for different brand?

x

I done a lot of googling when i was getting my Bjorn one and didnt find anything about hip dysplasia

Cant open link in work so will have a read later but seems a bit odd to be that one brand might cause it and not others as its mainly something ur born with as far as i was aware, if it was caused by a sling ect i would have thought they all would cause it

Will defo look into it before using mine though :)

Yeah i did a lot of research but didnt see anything bad. Then i saw this today so now unsure x

I think that it all depends on how you place the babies legs especially when they are new born - with a tiny baby you can put their legs into a froggy position up near their chests and this means their hips are not being spread - have a wee look on youtube - I got the beco gemini (which is a lot like the bjorn) - here is a demo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCV8UD9NJlo

I'm sure it'll be fine baby won't be in it all day, and my god those women commenting on that picture, I can't stand women like that, hippy know it all ugly crapheads.

I'm from the never did me any harm school of thought I don't see many kids walking about with hip problems and I've worked in ortho clinics.

ps still love my moby wrap if you're thinking of exchanging.

ps still love my moby wrap if you're thinking of exchanging.

oh glad you'd recommend the moby wrap - I just bought one second hand - well it's the moby d but similar to the original. I watched a few videos on utube and thought it looked very good! :)

I have just got my carrier as it was delivered to OH work this arvo. On the box it says paediatrician recommended. So i am not going to worry too much plus not like bubs will be in it alot! x

the morph is brill cause you can get 2 harnesses so hubby can have one, also its the only one I beleive where you can get yourself sorted in the harness and then fix baby on in the pod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back