Bjorn baby carriers

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by HanSam, Jan 23, 2012.

1. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

Hey ladies,

A little while ago i was querying which baby carrier to opt for and there were quite a few who recommended the Bjorn brand. I have since ordered one after reading other reviews on the web etc.

But i have just seen on facebook that the Bjorn brand are not good as they can cause Hip Dysplasia. Not sure if this link will work : http://www.facebook.com/#!/BabyLoveBirthCenter

I am now worrying - do you think should try and return it and opt for different brand?

x

2. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

I done a lot of googling when i was getting my Bjorn one and didnt find anything about hip dysplasia

Cant open link in work so will have a read later but seems a bit odd to be that one brand might cause it and not others as its mainly something ur born with as far as i was aware, if it was caused by a sling ect i would have thought they all would cause it

Will defo look into it before using mine though :)

3. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

Yeah i did a lot of research but didnt see anything bad. Then i saw this today so now unsure x

4. JensBump

JensBump Well-Known Member

I think that it all depends on how you place the babies legs especially when they are new born - with a tiny baby you can put their legs into a froggy position up near their chests and this means their hips are not being spread - have a wee look on youtube - I got the beco gemini (which is a lot like the bjorn) - here is a demo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCV8UD9NJlo

5. jojo_2012

jojo_2012 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it'll be fine baby won't be in it all day, and my god those women commenting on that picture, I can't stand women like that, hippy know it all ugly crapheads.

I'm from the never did me any harm school of thought I don't see many kids walking about with hip problems and I've worked in ortho clinics.

ps still love my moby wrap if you're thinking of exchanging.

6. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

oh glad you'd recommend the moby wrap - I just bought one second hand - well it's the moby d but similar to the original. I watched a few videos on utube and thought it looked very good! :)

7. jojo_2012

jojo_2012 Well-Known Member

my teddy bear finds it very comfy

8. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

Haha cracked me up! Can just imagine! x

9. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

I have just got my carrier as it was delivered to OH work this arvo. On the box it says paediatrician recommended. So i am not going to worry too much plus not like bubs will be in it alot! x

10. bidsy

bidsy Well-Known Member

the morph is brill cause you can get 2 harnesses so hubby can have one, also its the only one I beleive where you can get yourself sorted in the harness and then fix baby on in the pod.

11. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

Awww... :)