bit of help and reassurance needed...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Hello ladies..

I am 35 in Feb and have yet to have my first pregnancy......I have been with my partner for almost 2 years and we have decided to start to try for a baby..

I am absolutely terrified of the whole pregnancy and especially labour process.....and I mean terrified. To the point of I am scared to get pregnant and would quite happily not have a baby so I didn't have to go through labour...other than the fact that I would love to give my OH a little one and I do want us to be a family...

The terror seems to come and go in waves and since coming off the pill in september, sometimes i have felt ok about it and excited about the prospect of having a bump and felt i could cope with it all and then the next minute i am absolutely terrified....

Can anyone give me any tips or advice or just general reassurance...

my mum says to me 'it hurts like hell but you soon forget'.......i hope so.....i have been through some pretty painful things, but it's just the whole labour trauma...i'm not usre i'm gonna be able to cope and that upsets me :( xx

Im not going to lie hunny, labour does come with alot of pain but it bareable pain especially when you think what your going to have in your arms at the end of it.
It is true what people say about forgeting because as soon as you see your little ones face looking up at you nothing else matters.
Im the biggest wimp going and did it with just gas and air with Adam and want to try next time to go through labour with nothing. You will be fine hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not going to lie hunny, labour does come with alot of pain but it bareable pain especially when you think what your going to have in your arms at the end of it.
It is true what people say about forgeting because as soon as you see your little ones face looking up at you nothing else matters.
Im the biggest wimp going and did it with just gas and air with Adam and want to try next time to go through labour with nothing. You will be fine hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree. Labour is painful but its not un bearable , I'm expecting my second and I wouldn't be if it was that awful ..I cry if I stub my toe !

I was dreading it Hun totally terrified! yes it was painfull i had a water birth with gas and air for the last two hours as soon as Tegan was born i forgot about the pain and id do it all again! x x

im not a mummy yet, but im pregnant and i guess i may be able to reassure you that before you have the baby, the pregnancy comes with huge waves of feelings and emotions.
some days i wake up and i feel so excited, and other times i wake up and think "what the hell am i doing having a baby? i dont want one yet!" but the good tends to outweigh the bad, you feel incredibly guilty and stuff, but now im nearing my due date, im genuinely a bit scared of what lies ahead! we are after all women, who can handle this sort of thing, and its your body that does it to you, no one inflicts it on you, so its painful but cant be all that bad! x

its true you do forget haha its weird how you actually forget its not a pain that makes you think it going to kill you you kind of get through it and drugs help :) trust me this is my 5th baby and my only pain releif this time is going to be gas and air :)

I never reallyunrrstood why people say you forget, I still remember like it was yesterday! That's no bad thing though, I was terrified too, but went into it in the knowledge that it was just something I had to do and was all part of meeting my DS. I did it all on just gas and air and yes, it hurt like hell but that magical moment when they place your baby into your arms is so wonderful I would do it all again in an instant!

I think all ladies go through the same thing when trying for a baby.

Yes, it is gonna be the sorest thing you've ever been through - there's not really any way to butter it up to be honest. As the ladies have said though, you get a very nice reward afterwards. And to be honest I was in so much pain during labour I didn't appreciate my reward til about 2 days later, but yeah, its worth it.

And no, you will never forget it. But you will look back and think - omg i cant believe I went through that.

I was the same as you, all the way through my pregnancy I was worried to the point of making myself sick.

and even though it is painful its really exhilerating as well cos you know you're going to be meeting your LO after all this time!! I had a week long labour that ended in an emergency section but i would do it ALL again in an instant!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back