Labour and birth

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hi, i am only 7 weeks pregnant and it might be a bit early to be worrying but im terrified of giving birth! for some reason it is on my mind and i am very curious as to what happens during labour and when the baby is born. can anyone help?

Awwww :hug:

I haven't had my baby yet so can't advise but just wanted to say that I felt exactly the same about giving birth until only a few weeks ago but now I so fed up I just want labour to start!

I was terrified all the way through but was so relaxed and had a wonderful birth in the end-even though I was 12 days overdue, had a failed indution and had a c section :?

Keep positive, I loved every second of my pregnancy and I am sure this helped me.

Attend your parentcraft classes coz they are fab, do a tour of maternity ward before the birth and keep on this forum too-I could never of got through some days without the support of the wonderful girlies on here-remember NO question is ever a "silly" question-dont ever be afraid or embarrased to ask as w have all been there too :hug:

Wishing you the very best of luck and a wonderful, happy and healthy pregnancy :hug:

i say denial is a great thing! I just started reading what happens in labour and i wish i hadnt LOL :lol: :lol:

Hiya :wave:

Oooh I was exactly the same but if you read the "announce your new arrival" section, there are plenty of birth stories that explains what the mums went through and it's not that bad...I think most of the fear stems from the unknown...and believe me when you are huge, can't get out of bed or off the settee properly, SPD, with leaky boobs, weeing every 2 mins and tree trunk legs you can't wait for labour and to have your body back..I am counting the hours!

X

Honestly I was bricking it all through the pregnancy and my work colleagues kept making references to melons fitting through a toilet roll tube...

I agree you are best reading some of the birth stories (not the induction ones!)

The girls on here are very honest and you'll get a true feeling of what happens.

Here's mine, which actually went very well :)

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=45109

tbh... the worst part of labour was my stitches and even then it was the peeing after that hurt most...not the local anaesthetic etc...:)

I didn't have any form of pain relief for the last most painful part of labour, from 7cm to pushing, wasn't in a pool, no gas and air...lying in the worst position possible... It really really hurt... i have to be honest, but it was more tiring than anything else....but I said I'd do it again the next day so it can't be that bad...:)

It really is not as bad as you think - remember that on TV a lot is dramatised. I was really worried about giving birth but as my pregnancy drew on, I became very calm about it, particularly towards the end.

its not as bad as you think, i promise.....and once your baby passed to you you wont care.....

:hug:

Labour is such a physically and mentally absorbing experience, for obvious reasons you really won't have time to be thinking about being scared. Your body will lead the way and you'll just go with the flow. You won't be scared.

I had a particularly long and difficult labour that required quite a lot of medical intervention. It was about as far from my birth plan as it was possible to get. Still, I wasn't scared. By that point I was willing to do anything to get my baby out of there!

i look back on the birth of my daughter fondly. it was painful but not frightening. its a wierd kinda pain too not a "wrong" feeling one. and its not constant- in between contractions its 100% painless.
i was scared up until third tri but after that i mentally prepared myself and by week 39 i couldnt wait! its an experience very hard to describe. dont be afraid, tho :hug:

i was the same.. thinking all sorts of things.

but i was so surprised at myself for being cool and just being able to give birth i was so over the Moon with myself.

it's not as bad as it seems and your body take over more then anything. you just go with the flow.

you actually get to see how amazing your body is. just relax and don't think about it too hard as your not that far gone.

but congrats and welcome :hug:

I actually put off having or TTC for about 5 years as I was petrified of labour. I had reflexology and used http://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/. I had an elective caesarian booked in the end but I actually gave birth naturally with the help of a epidural. I actually thought it was one of the most magical times ever. If you ever need to pm someone Im here :D

I would recommend seeking out positive birth stories, also try to think positively and happily about your upcoming birth, its a day to be excited about :hug: :hug: :hug: I personally wasn't afraid of birth with Isaac, and aren't this time round either, its a natural process, and I wish you all the very best for a beautiful birth :hug: :hug: :hug:

This book might be worth a read for you too :) Childbirth without Fear

Thankyou to everyone for sharing their experiences of labour and birth and for the advice. It has made me feel a lot better and will take everything into consideration xxxx :D

congrats on your bfp..i was induced and although yes painful you know it is pain about something..i hated been pregnant but would give birth all over again..it was magical

Aww I can SO sympathise! I feel the same... I'm not reading ANYTHING about labour as I really don't want to get worked up on how it's going to feel. lol

Soooo... My birth plan consists of pain relief, pain relief, and, erm... PAIN RELIEF!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back