bit of advice please :)

hecate

Reaction score
hey
i didnt really know where else to go.. and found this forum to be really clued up, so thought id post here..

well i came off the pill in january this year after being on it for about 18 months, and obviously had a withdrawel bleed, then i got my first menstrual period exatly 28 days later (i was always very regular when i wasnt on the pill), so this was fine.. however, my period was due last wednesday, 7 days ago.. and im getting really weird feelings in my stomach like period pains, not as bad though..
i havent done a test yet, but im contemplating doing one tomorrow or something.. but do you think im pregnant? or is my body still messing around after the pill?

any help appreciated :)

Sorry I don't really know a definative answer but you could be pregnant or it could be your body still settling down after coming off the pill.

Best thing would be to do test and then you will know for sure if its pregnancy.

Good luck xx

I cant give you any answers either huni,
but good luck in testing :hug:

just done a test this morning.. and it came out negative.... sooo im guessing this is just the effect after coming off the pill! damn pill..

possible...i came off the pill in December and my periods have been pretty regular since then, (they were regular before the pill too!) but last month i was 7-8 days late, had these weird feelings, backache, sore nipples - you name it, i had it, was convinced i could be pregnant, then the day i booked in to see the doc - AF arrived!!! :x

hmm its weird.. ive had proper AF pains for about 2 weeks now! no other symptoms at all, but its really really strange.. ah well, guess im gonna have to wait for AF to show :bored:

just wondering - even though period is quite late (8 days), could there still be a chance of pregnancy despite a negative test?

Yeah defintely, some people only get BFP's through blood tests due to the HCG (pregnancy hormone) going into the blood not the urine.... Speak to your doctor and they will probably do a blood test for you.

What test did you use hun? x

i used a clear blue one... and i waited the full 3 minutes... ( i think i actually sat there for about 15 lol).
argh this is so strange being like 8 days late.. if af is not here by next wednesday i think i will go to the doctors.

Hi Hecate glad you found us :wave:

Whereabouts in wales are you?

Anyway to answer your question, pregnancy is still possible and as happy chick said some people just dont work with HPT's (I dont usually and in my last pregnancy i was getting negatives right up to about 8 weeks!)

But of course it could also be effects of coming off the pill.

I guess the best thing you can do is try not to worry to much, only time will tell! :hug:

I'm just outside of cardiff :) pretty close to you i guess! yeah im not sure whas happening here.. this morning ive been having AF pains again, but still no sign of it. sigh. guess i will have to wait!!

oooh im in taffs well, anywhere near you?

as for the AF pains, this CAN be a sign of pregancy as your uterus is stretching in preperation, have you had any other symptoms that are not usual pre-AF signs?

well apart from being absolutely STARVING i havent had any other symptoms! is not like me to be hungry though.. im a size 6/8 and i eat very little, but ive been getting hunger pains for about 3 days so im eating way more than normal. but that could just be me.. iii dunno..

oooh im from thornhill!
x

hecate said:
well apart from being absolutely STARVING i havent had any other symptoms! is not like me to be hungry though.. im a size 6/8 and i eat very little, but ive been getting hunger pains for about 3 days so im eating way more than normal. but that could just be me.. iii dunno..

oooh im from thornhill!
x

Sounds promising hun, I've got my fingers crossed for u x

We used to live in thornhill, you know geraint close?? We moved from there to taffs well march last year.

small world lol! :shock:

Increased appetite can also be a sign!

I reckon you should get yourself to the docs for a blood test as they are much more accurate then urine tests!

(and if your using the same surgery as I was when we first started trying when we lived in thornhill, the one by sainsburys, then I know they will do this for you!)

i know the one you mean, by the petrol station, hehe, but no i dont go there. i go to one in trethomas! i have no idea why.. but yeah i think i will have to pop to the doctors next week if af doesnt show up... hmm

xx

weelllllll as i was in work yesterday, af decided it would show up!!! 9 days late!! what was she thinking about!!! how dare she! siiigh... so now i have no idea how long each cycle is gonna be, which is clearly gonna be a lot of fun :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back