AF advice please

Cyprus08

Reaction score
My husband and I are ttc baby #2. I stopped taking the pill at the end of September and had a withdrawal bleed a few days later. Exactly 28 days later i got my period. The only thing is before I started taking the pill and whilst ttc our son, my periods were very heavy however this one just seems to be like a withdrawal bleed. It has been alot more painful though. Does this mean that the pill probably still isnt out of my system and theres not much chance of me ovulating/conceiving this month?

Sorry if this is a daft question but since we decided to try again its all I seem to think about. In my next life Im coming back as a man lol :lol:

Hi hun. I'm afraid thats a real hard one to answer because everyone is different. It can take over a year before the pill is so called out of your system and your body recovers, but at the same time people (including my sister) have fallen pg on their 1st month off the pill. I think it's more luck than anything, so keep bding hun and keep your fingers crossed :hug:

If it helps - my AF was completely different after I finished on the pill to how it was before hand - but then I was 18 when I went on it so don't know if it's actually an age thing (26 now).

Before the pill, I used to have a clockwork 28 day cycle, no PMT, no real pain, fairly light/meduim flow. Once I came off the pill, it took over a year for my cycle to become regular again and prior to BFP this month ( :D ) I finally settled into a 31 day cycle but much heavier, painful cramps and LOADS of grumping!

Dont know if that helps - if not I ranted away for nothing - oh well!

Thankyou both for the advice they've made me feel a bit better that maybe there's hope for me this month yet!

Congratulations on you bfp babyblonde :cheer:

It can take weeks or months for body to sort itself out after the pill hun, took me 7 months last time and just 2 this time so enjoy TTC and keep track of your cycles and hopefully you will get a BFP soon :hug: :hug:

I hope so!! Thanks for your advice snuggle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back