Bit of a sensitive subject....

natz8531

Reaction score
I thought I'd be overjoyed to be pregnant (this is my 2nd I lost my 1st at 4 weeks) but I feel so rotten and it's really getting me down now, I'm hardly eating or drinking, I dread going to sleep because I know I'll wake up with the empty sicky feeling in my stomach, I have a massive phobia of being sick which doesn't help either, ginger and lemon tea, ginger biscuits and sea bands aren't really doing anything for me now, I should give my doctor a call but when ive been with past problems I've always had "oh try this" and been sent away, I'm starting to feel like I don't want this baby now which upsets me because deep down I do but I just feel so low. Sorry for the long post, any advice is appreciated x

You sound like me! if you read any of my threads this is an outline of what I say.

I feel like I have been hit by a truck, and I really really struggle with pregnancy. My first pregnancy was awful the whole time. This one is pretty awful with the sickness. I was sick like 7 times today! I went to the doctors this afternoon and was prescribed some anti sickness tablets because I was getting to the point where I couldn't even function at work. I threw up after every school run and had to literally run home after dropping S off to school, it is menace. I feel soooo bad for moaning the way I do at pregnancy but 1. I am not cut out for this, my body turns alien and 2. I appreciate some people would give anything to be in this position.

Sorry to go on and on lol, but I totally understand and we aren't alone in feeling like this.

I just pray and pray that this horridness doesn't last long, I pray and pray that I will be back to normal by 16 weeks, they say that is the time where your placenta is fully formed. xx

when I started feeling sick I bought loads of remedies ( the kind of things you mentioned), but I feel like they almost drew more of my attention towards being sick and I'd worry more about being sick. I deal with being sick like a 2 yr old honestly!

Anyway, early on I figured out that eating constantly helped.. Like every 2 hours. I would even feel very sick while trying to eat but I found that if I persevered with the meal/food I would feel better.

31 weeks now and only been sick twice!

I must stress it's possible this won't work for you, or that I just got off lightly, but might help in some way?

No advice really but just wanted to say don't under estimate how hard it is to be pregnant and make a baby. Give yourself a break and be kind to yourself your body is working extremely hard and big hugs to you for being down. Don't feel guilty for not enjoying it it's hard work. Fingers crossed for you your body settles down soon and you start to feel better, it won't last forever and it will be worth it in the end.

I can sympathise!

From week 6 I felt so sick, however the only thing that helped was constantly eating or drinking!
I was drinking juice, fizzy pop, sucking lolliepops etc (not like me at all as I'm normally a bit of a health nut and avoid sugar and stick to water etc).

I found Jacobs cream crackers were better than ginger biscuits. Ginger biscuits left me feeling more nauseous.
Also, sniffing marmite helped weirdly! LOL. And eating it (and I'm not normally a marmite fan).

I remember at 8-10 weeks feeling utterly miserable and thinking I couldn't possibly bare several more weeks of feeling like that. But I did and it slowly improved.
It was grim for a while though, and made me feel so upset that it was preventing me feeling excited and focusing on the growing baby as all I could think about was feeling sick.

For me, sucking on lollies and drinking orange & lemon juicy water helped most when it was at its worst.
That and nibbling cream crackers constantly, and eating small snacks and bready things (a slice of toast or a crumpet etc) regularly rather than eating big meals or attempting strong flavoured or 'fancy' foods.

I'm 17 weeks now and just starting to feel more normal and enjoy the pregnancy (and looking forward to feeling proper kicks). I'm not feeling sick any more, I'm eating healthily again and have ditched the sweets and pop and am actually managing to get up and dressed most days and have left the house before 11am on several occasions! LOL
Oh and I actually managed to give my house a really good clean and tidy last week and I'm keeping on top of it again, which is huge because I spent the first trimester doing the bare minimum and rarely managing to get dressed I felt that sick and tired lol.

You'll get there.

Last edited:
You sound like me! if you read any of my threads this is an outline of what I say.

I feel like I have been hit by a truck, and I really really struggle with pregnancy. My first pregnancy was awful the whole time. This one is pretty awful with the sickness. I was sick like 7 times today! I went to the doctors this afternoon and was prescribed some anti sickness tablets because I was getting to the point where I couldn't even function at work. I threw up after every school run and had to literally run home after dropping S off to school, it is menace. I feel soooo bad for moaning the way I do at pregnancy but 1. I am not cut out for this, my body turns alien and 2. I appreciate some people would give anything to be in this position.

Sorry to go on and on lol, but I totally understand and we aren't alone in feeling like this.

I just pray and pray that this horridness doesn't last long, I pray and pray that I will be back to normal by 16 weeks, they say that is the time where your placenta is fully formed. xx

If i wasn't so terrified i might be able to suffer it. but i literally am petrified, so much so i won't eat much before i go to work at 4pm every day, i'm only part time which helps but now i'm feeling yucky in the evenings as well as mornings but had it all day today :( I bet you feel so relieved! It's that empty feeling in the stomach which gets me every morning :'(

when I started feeling sick I bought loads of remedies ( the kind of things you mentioned), but I feel like they almost drew more of my attention towards being sick and I'd worry more about being sick. I deal with being sick like a 2 yr old honestly!

Anyway, early on I figured out that eating constantly helped.. Like every 2 hours. I would even feel very sick while trying to eat but I found that if I persevered with the meal/food I would feel better.

31 weeks now and only been sick twice!

I must stress it's possible this won't work for you, or that I just got off lightly, but might help in some way?

My hubby said something along those lines earlier actually, just forcing something down to take the edge off, i've just eatan a dry cracker and still feel yukky, don't know if it's partly because i felt really down earlier because of it all ( i don't handle stress very well ) Hopefully the docs can help me :)

No advice really but just wanted to say don't under estimate how hard it is to be pregnant and make a baby. Give yourself a break and be kind to yourself your body is working extremely hard and big hugs to you for being down. Don't feel guilty for not enjoying it it's hard work. Fingers crossed for you your body settles down soon and you start to feel better, it won't last forever and it will be worth it in the end.

I hope so, i keep telling myself it won't last and just wishing the days away now until the 2nd trimester! I do feel lucky because there are people out there paying thousands for IVF just to be where i am, feeling icky every day is no fun though :(

I can sympathise!

From week 6 I felt so sick, however the only thing that helped was constantly eating or drinking!
I was drinking juice, fizzy pop, sucking lolliepops etc (not like me at all as I'm normally a bit of a health nut and avoid sugar and stick to water etc).

I found Jacobs cream crackers were better than ginger biscuits. Ginger biscuits left me feeling more nauseous.
Also, sniffing marmite helped weirdly! LOL. And eating it (and I'm not normally a marmite fan).

I remember at 8-10 weeks feeling utterly miserable and thinking I couldn't possibly bare several more weeks of feeling like that. But I did and it slowly improved.
It was grim for a while though, and made me feel so upset that it was preventing me feeling excited and focusing on the growing baby as all I could think about was feeling sick.

For me, sucking on lollies and drinking orange & lemon juicy water helped most when it was at its worst.
That and nibbling cream crackers constantly, and eating small snacks and bready things (a slice of toast or a crumpet etc) regularly rather than eating big meals or attempting strong flavoured or 'fancy' foods.

I'm 17 weeks now and just starting to feel more normal and enjoy the pregnancy (and looking forward to feeling proper kicks). I'm not feeling sick any more, I'm eating healthily again and have ditched the sweets and pop and am actually managing to get up and dressed most days and have left the house before 11am on several occasions! LOL
Oh and I actually managed to give my house a really good clean and tidy last week and I'm keeping on top of it again, which is huge because I spent the first trimester doing the bare minimum and rarely managing to get dressed I felt that sick and tired lol.

You'll get there.

I've been keeping a supply of both, bit bored of ginger biscuits and lemon/ginger tea now though, my symptoms started at 4 weeks, the day i got my Bfp. I don't even know if this is a sticky bean yet either which makes me feel worse, i hope my doctors can help me because all i want to do is cry ( lovely hormones! )

I think we've all gone through this stage I know I did at about 8 weeks till 13 weeks I was sick every evening at least 4 times, went to the Dr told her it was affecting my work got some sickness tablets and they really helped. I was sick maybe 3 times in total while taking them. Nothing apart from the tablets eased the sickness(dry crackers/biscuits made me worse). I'm now 25+3 still nauseatious most days but sick maybe once every 10 ish days which I can cope with. If you want to chat inbox me. I felt like I wasn't cut out for pregnancy and that I couldn't cope but it does get a bit easier xx

You are not the only one hun so please don't feel bad. I am so happy to be lucky enough to be having a second baby when I know many people long for it but I am HATING this pregnancy. I feel like I have been pregnant forever and I am only 7 weeks in.

I don't have any advice as I am struggling too and trying to find a remedy but just wanted you to know you're not alone xx

I think we've all gone through this stage I know I did at about 8 weeks till 13 weeks I was sick every evening at least 4 times, went to the Dr told her it was affecting my work got some sickness tablets and they really helped. I was sick maybe 3 times in total while taking them. Nothing apart from the tablets eased the sickness(dry crackers/biscuits made me worse). I'm now 25+3 still nauseatious most days but sick maybe once every 10 ish days which I can cope with. If you want to chat inbox me. I felt like I wasn't cut out for pregnancy and that I couldn't cope but it does get a bit easier xx

Thankyou :) today I've woken up and my tummy isn't too bad, I'll still call them I think as it is affecting my work in a way, I'm only a cleaner but my company are so fussy with things and I haven't had the motivation to even do anything :/ roll on when it goes xx

You are not the only one hun so please don't feel bad. I am so happy to be lucky enough to be having a second baby when I know many people long for it but I am HATING this pregnancy. I feel like I have been pregnant forever and I am only 7 weeks in.

I don't have any advice as I am struggling too and trying to find a remedy but just wanted you to know you're not alone xx

Thankyou :) I appreciate that :) how have you been feeling? Think you're only a week or so ahead of me xx

Thankyou :) today I've woken up and my tummy isn't too bad, I'll still call them I think as it is affecting my work in a way, I'm only a cleaner but my company are so fussy with things and I haven't had the motivation to even do anything :/ roll on when it goes xx

I feel for you. For the first 12 weeks I could barely clean my own house, never mind if I'd had to clean somewhere else lol.

It's a completely natural feeling. At first I was elated then the sickness kicked in, I didn't want the baby. . . .

I'm 8 weeks now and honestly all the dread has gone. And this is my 3rd! You think by now I'd know what to expect!

I have a phobia of being sick too. I know no one *likes* being sick, but yeah, I've had panic attacks over it. Ironically my anxiety about being sick has been the reason I've been sick or else felt a lot sicker than I would have done otherwise in the past. My physical reaction to being sick is traumatic - afterwards I'll be shaking, sweating and crying. When I found out I was pregnant, I was really worried about it. Reading that people were being sick 10+ times a day with morning sickness filled me with fear. I'd spend most of my day a complete wreck if that happened to me.

So, the moment I felt the slightest bit of nausea coming on - I ate a tuc biscuit (having tried ginger and plain crackers too, this seemed to work best for me) and sipped water. Then I tried my hardest to distract myself with something else, because the more I thought about being sick the more likely it would happen. If the biscuit stayed down I'd eat a little more. Then a little more - little and often. I kept things beside the bed so that if I woke in the middle of the night (which I did, frequently in tri 1 and the beginning of tri 2) I'd have something easily to hand and crucially wouldn't have to move too much to get it.

I avoided nausea triggers like the plague. For me that meant not having cooked meals for quite a while, and I stayed away from the kitchen if my other half cooked something. Cooking smells were guaranteed to set me off. I lived on toast, cereals, sandwiches, plain biscuits for a few weeks.

I've got through to 23 weeks without being sick. I've spent plenty of time feeling sick, and still do now if I haven't eaten for 3+ hours. But I've avoided what I was most scared of.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

I'm 6 weeks today and the nausea is slowly getting worse, I've booked with the doctors for Monday so have to hang it out until then, hopefully I'll be able to get some help, I've got no appetite either so I'm worrying if it's affecting the baby xx

I have a phobia of being sick too. I know no one *likes* being sick, but yeah, I've had panic attacks over it. Ironically my anxiety about being sick has been the reason I've been sick or else felt a lot sicker than I would have done otherwise in the past. My physical reaction to being sick is traumatic - afterwards I'll be shaking, sweating and crying. When I found out I was pregnant, I was really worried about it. Reading that people were being sick 10+ times a day with morning sickness filled me with fear. I'd spend most of my day a complete wreck if that happened to me.

So, the moment I felt the slightest bit of nausea coming on - I ate a tuc biscuit (having tried ginger and plain crackers too, this seemed to work best for me) and sipped water. Then I tried my hardest to distract myself with something else, because the more I thought about being sick the more likely it would happen. If the biscuit stayed down I'd eat a little more. Then a little more - little and often. I kept things beside the bed so that if I woke in the middle of the night (which I did, frequently in tri 1 and the beginning of tri 2) I'd have something easily to hand and crucially wouldn't have to move too much to get it.

I avoided nausea triggers like the plague. For me that meant not having cooked meals for quite a while, and I stayed away from the kitchen if my other half cooked something. Cooking smells were guaranteed to set me off. I lived on toast, cereals, sandwiches, plain biscuits for a few weeks.

I've got through to 23 weeks without being sick. I've spent plenty of time feeling sick, and still do now if I haven't eaten for 3+ hours. But I've avoided what I was most scared of.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

Biscuits don't really work for me now (I've had ginger biscuits) had some toast earlier that took the edge off for a few hours but I'm just wish u the days away now until the 2nd trimester, not enjoying the pregnancy at all at the mo :)

It's a completely natural feeling. At first I was elated then the sickness kicked in, I didn't want the baby. . . .

I'm 8 weeks now and honestly all the dread has gone. And this is my 3rd! You think by now I'd know what to expect!

I hope I'll feel the same at 8 weeks :) I'm halfway through the first trimester now I think so that makes me feel a little better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back