Birthing Balls

Sherlock said:
Tillytots said:
Jesus I bet I pop it with my fat ass! :shock: OH just said he is gonna buy me another one suitable for the more hefty preggo bottom :dance:

lol awww don't worry too much :hug: As I said, that would be my interpretation on it is all. I don't want to send women into a panic over using a gym ball :?

If your OH is going to treat you, this site is the one I went to and am using. I was going to get a plain gym ball also but when I found that site and it said it comes with instructions for positions etc, I figured I'd spend the extra and order one from there. I live rural so getting into Tesco or Argos isn't happening and ordering one online doesn't save masses on the product at the end of the day... plus that site has Raspberry leaf tea and a few other things I want so I am sure I can clock it up to £25 for free P&P :lol:

its ok hun, you didnt send me into a panic :hug: Im glad I read that though!! 73kg isnt all that far away from 100kg and just say it did burst?! As soon as I read it OH said Dont worry I'll buy you another one. Thanks for the link, Ive told him Ive found one :D I got a box of that raspberry leaf tea too, Im itching to try some :lol:

xx

thank you ladies, you've inspired me to order one instead of just wondering if they're any good :doh:

ive got one dont use it very much though i dont find it overly comfy and it gives me electric shocks :(
manda xx

I couldn't see how birthing balls help anything atall, but they are a really really good method of pain relief during labour.

poppy160 said:
I couldn't see how birthing balls help anything atall, but they are a really really good method of pain relief during labour.

They are meant to be good at helping and encouraging to get baby into a good birthing position and also to help a woman limber up a bit beforehand.

My MW recommended one from 30 weeks onwards :)

hello
I have a tesco's one which I love, don't think I am 100kg yet.
it seems to need blowing up quite alot tho as air seems to come out, that worries me, may invest in a real one
x

Sherlock said:
poppy160 said:

They are meant to be good at helping and encouraging to get baby into a good birthing position and also to help a woman limber up a bit beforehand.

My MW recommended one from 30 weeks onwards :)

Yeah that's very true aswell. That's why I was advised to go on one during labour and it worked! With the added bonus that it helped with the pain. Bouncing on it is really fun too :lol:

It occured to me after posting that it made no sense that the birthing ball was only 50 cm. OH inflated it for me. I inflated the gym ball we bought the other day. I measured the door opening to 65cm and pumped up the ball until it fit in the space. OH must just have pumped up the birthing ball till he thought it was enough - looking at the box it's 65cm too :doh:
But OH is using it as a gym ball too and he likes it because it's black :rotfl:
So have a measuring tape handy when blowing it up :D

I used one for the first time to day
it's a gym ball but there the same as a birth ball ar'nt thay??
anyway ive had this gym ball for over a year ( part of my gym kit as a News Years resolution to get fit)

HUh hum :oops: well i got it of its wrapper a few hours ago and James blew it up for me

Collier has been giving me chronic back ache the past few nights :x
so i gave it ago and it worked he stopped pressing on my tummy and back

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tillytots - I wouldnt worry hunny
I weigh 97kgs and my gym ball is fine and its also a Tesco one....

I didnt see the point in getting an actual birthing ball as its a lot bigger than a gym ball and I thought I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and use it after the birth to get back into shape....(wishful thinking I know, but I have good intentions).
:)

Candygirl said:
Tillytots - I wouldnt worry hunny
I weigh 97kgs and my gym ball is fine and its also a Tesco one....

I didnt see the point in getting an actual birthing ball as its a lot bigger than a gym ball and I thought I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and use it after the birth to get back into shape....(wishful thinking I know, but I have good intentions).
:)

I went for a 75cm one as I am over 5'8. I'm getting a birthing ball over a gym ball though. It was only a few quid difference in price and came with a whole heap of instructions for positions etc. Tesco didn't do a 75 cm one for taller ladies anyways.

Apparently 65cm is for women under 5'8 and 75cm for women over that.

I've been using an old gym ball that was lying around. I find it quite comfy to sit on. I've been nagging OH to blow mine up for weeks though as it's gone a bit flat but he still hasn't done it :roll:

I want to sit on it even more since the cat peed on my armchair :lol:

If any of you are near a "bodycare" shop (can't find an online link but they're like a giant cheap superdrug/boots type shop), they do gym balls for £4 :cheer:

That's the one I got so I didn't waste loads of money on one if I didn't get on with it. I passed it on to Adele when I'd had Ryan and she was expecting Paige, and neither of us popped it :D

:cheer:

Sherlock - Im a short sh*t :), so you can imagine how ridiculous it is for me to have a bigger one

Candygirl said:
Sherlock - Im a short sh*t :), so you can imagine how ridiculous it is for me to have a bigger one

I can. I did wonder if women who are on the small side (5ft ish) could manage on the 65cm one. Cause it seemed pretty big to me and I am over 5'9. I'm hoping the 75cm one will do the trick as its meant to be for 5'8 and over. My hips should be in a better position anyways.

This is a really silly question but my 65cm ball doesnt seem that big. Where is it supposed to measure 65cm?!

i used it *sometimes*
should have used it more though... but i was lazy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back