Birthing ball

Jade89

Reaction score
How much did you buy yours for? If you have 1 that is...

My sister just bought this exersise kit thingy, it has got quite a few exersise materials in there and a dvd, but it comes with one of those big blow up ball things, and some money goes to charity too cuz it's that 'tickled pink' brand for breast cancer, £12 i think she got the kit for...she's coming to the hospital with me and she said she's bringing it, ive been bouncing up and down on it all night haha :cheer:

So are birthing balls any good in labour then? :think:

:wave:

Don't know about birthing balls yet. We have our first antenatal class Monday though, where they will have some birth ball techniques for us to learn.

I'm too worried to get a normal exercise ball. Afraid I will pop it with my huge weight!

i got a gym ball from asda costing £10. Its not as big as a birthing ball but it will have to do.

I got mine from Birth Ease online for £19.99 and have to say I find it brilliant and I'm intending on using it in labour. My friend used hers in labour and swore it was the best thing she had.

In early labour the birthing ball was fab to bounce away the pain!

Check with your hospital that you can take it in though. My hospital provided proper birthing balls but banned people bringing their own 'gym' style ones in. Apparentley the birth ones are designed to deflate slowly with a puncture and the gym ones will just POP!! Some poor woman hit the deck before they discovered that!... :shock:

The hospital ones are better anyway cause they are huge and more comfy than the gym one I had at home. Perhaps keep yours for getting the baby into position befoe labour??

They are great :cheer: ,i have a normal gym ball at home which i will use in the early stages and then they have big birthing balls at the birthing centre i am going to so hope to use one of those when i get there :D xx

Minxy said:
In early labour the birthing ball was fab to bounce away the pain!

Check with your hospital that you can take it in though. My hospital provided proper birthing balls but banned people bringing their own 'gym' style ones in. Apparentley the birth ones are designed to deflate slowly with a puncture and the gym ones will just POP!! Some poor woman hit the deck before they discovered that!... :shock:

OMG thats too funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Cos I didn't know if I would use it very much - I bought a gym ball from Argos yesterday for £4.99. My back has been in agony for the last week and my midwife suggested bouncing on the ball for half an hour or so would help. Don't know if it's a coincidence, BUT I felt so much better today and to top it all I can rest my feet on it as I can't get comfy on the couch at the mo. Money well spent :)

Dippy said:
Cos I didn't know if I would use it very much - I bought a gym ball from Argos yesterday for £4.99. My back has been in agony for the last week and my midwife suggested bouncing on the ball for half an hour or so would help. Don't know if it's a coincidence, BUT I felt so much better today and to top it all I can rest my feet on it as I can't get comfy on the couch at the mo. Money well spent :)

My OH half always takes mine to rest his feet on :roll: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back