birthing ball???

mel_ed

Reaction score
ok so had any1 bought 1? ive just bought a yoga exersice ball they r the same arnt they???
has any1 started 1 use theres if so what do u do?
i heard they help babys head become enagage is that right?

i bought a yoga ball too - its really nice to lean on so Liam can rub my hips
its also really good to lean on whilst Liam... ahem... 'services' me

oh and i bounce on it in the evening and its great for the back and apparently yes helps baby get engaged

you dont need to bounce on it necessarly, you can just sit on it and because of the knees being higher than the pelvis, it helps cradle the baby into the right place

x

just blowing mine up now. thought now ive finished work i could get on the case to get head engaged!!
thanks!
o and the servicing sounds good 2 me ha ha!

yep Ive got an exercise ball too. Those ones that are aimed at pregnant women are sooo much more expensive and its exactly the same thing!!

I sit on it and gently bounce, sometimes I rock back an forth. Generally move around gently to help baby's head engage. Although, my baby's head is still completely free so maybe do the oposite to me!!

Hope you dont mind me crashing but I was gonna post a bouncy ball question anyway - to help his head engage to I have to try and sit with my legs slightly open to open up my pelvis or does that not make a difference? (OH seems to believe I should definately have my legs open as I bounce but I think he's just being a perv ;) )

i dont think i could even sit on mine with my legs together! i think legs apart in a supported squat is probably the way ;)

dont think ur ment to have ur legs 2gether anyway.
so tiny maybe he isnt being a perv after all lol!
must admit it is quite comfy to sit on. i read on the net that it helps with back pain 2.

I thought your hips were supposed to be higher than or equal to your knees so that your pelvis is tilted forward, am i doing it wrong?

No my MW told me to sit like you do when you're on the toilet lol! Legs apart and leaning slightly forwards although I was told knees below your hips :) x

Last edited:
i suppose as long as u have a good roll round on it, it doesnt matter really.

i cant imagine how you would sit on a birthing ball with your knees lower than your hips!

i cant imagine how you would sit on a birthing ball with your knees lower than your hips!

I sit slightly forwards, legs straight and very far apart - quite comfy :) Midwife said that if your knees are higher than your hips then it pushes your pelvis back and baby is more likely to sit in the wrong position. I dunno, they all say different things these days! lol x

okay i made Liam demonstrate and he reckons that is the most comfiest position ever, hes going to stay like that now

i dont mind too much because its very cute :)

oooh Ive been doing it all wrong then, will have another go today, but surely, knees lower than hips?! Cant imagine it! unless my ball is smaller than everyone elses?

do you know those weird office chairs that you lean forward onto rather than sit back into? You sit on them like that

you can get there by sitting on it wth your legs really far apart and slowly moving your feet back until your knees are lower

it feels amazing on the back but really hard to balance! i do it when Liams here and he stops me falling over!

ahhhh I seeeeee! Yep been doing it totally wrong, no wonder baby's head isnt engaged yet!! Thanks, Ill start from today :)

I have an exersice ball they are great aren't they!! When I was in labour with zander and bella I used the ball too they reackoned the best way is to sit legs apart as your would n the toilet and roll your hips around and it really works :-D
I just bounce and roll on mine or lean back onto the wall put my feet up on one of the kids chairs and watch tv haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back