Birthing ball tips

Emmamb

Reaction score
Ok,so I've finally dug my Gym ball out from my mums house and got it all blown up. Just wondered if any1 has any tips how to
best use the ball to 1) ease back pain and 2) get baby in a good position ie head down xxx

I can't help with this but I intend to get one myself so I would like to hear the tips too :)

After havin an undetected breech last time I'm determined to do whatever I can to get him into a good position. Walkin,scrubbing floors...whatever it takes lol xx

I bought one, then realised that I had no idea what to do with it! I find doing clockwise and anticlockwise circles with my hips helps my back, and the rest of the time I just bounce! I still can't believe how comfy it is to sit on.

I had physio recently and at the last appointment she showed me a couple of gym ball exercises which were to sit with my knees at 90 degree angle to the floor, slightly parted and flat feet and to just bounce which helps to loosen the back/pelvic muscles. Also to balance on one leg (just lift the other leg slightly off the floor) at a time whilst maintaining balance on the ball and keeping back straight. Also pull in stomach muscles which are centred around the belly button area.

good tips girls, i have used mine by bouncing on it and doing the circular movements with my hips for the back ache

im not sure how true it is, but a friend told me if u lay on ur left hand side its meant to put baby head down, i allways sleep like this, any from 25weeks baby has been head down, so might be worth a shot?

i looked on youtube for birthing ball excersises, lol and either just bounce up n down or like its been said rotate my hips sat on it, ususally try to do it for 15 mins a day, but my hips kill afterwards so ive stoped for the last few days,

xxx

Pelvic tilts back and forward.
Circular movements, both ways
Big figures of eights, both ways.
I also find going on my knees and leaning on the ball to stretch the back.
Also just sitting on the ball for a short time, watching tv or eating your dinner, will help as your body will be finding its natural balance which will help strength the back. Build the time up slowly though if you haven't been using the ball up till now during the pregnancy. Even though at the time you don't feel like you are doing a lot, there will be lots of muscells working to balance your body on the ball.

Right then, I dusted off my gym ball, might need more air, seems very low when I sit on it - no comments please about me being lardy! I'm on it now, with my laptop on my lap!

It's surprisingly wobbley, I imagine you are using lots or core stability muscles to keep yourself upright !
I tried MDSRemos's idea of balancing on one leg, and near fell off! ha ha funny

I really could watch tely on here you know, soo comfy and keeping my back straight
Wonderif I can turn baby myself , as Devon is now breech! I don't know if I would tell if he had turned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back