Birthing Ball

MrsW84

Reaction score
Hi All

can anyone recommend a good birthing ball?
my dh bought me a gym one but its so small and flimsy i wouldnt feel comfortable sitting on it!
i want one of those super thick ones?!!
any ideas?
x

can i tab into this thread and ask if there is a difference between a gym ball and a birthing ball? I sit on a gym ball at work and my one seems quite robust but are birthing balls bigger generally? sorry if i'm being dim, maybe this should be in a silly questions thread! x

I bought a good one from Argos it was about 6.99 and pumps up quite
Big and feels sturdy when sitting on it xx

Boots do one and advise on sizes. Apparently the birthing balls are weighted differently from gym balls so you need one of them xx

Frankie that's the one I have. I think it's brill! X

Sorry to hijack but is there a good time to get a birthing ball? when did you ladies get yours? Is there any benifit at 28wks or is it only useful closer to labour?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I had mine from 20 weeks as I've got a sore back/hips and it helps with the pain

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack but is there a good time to get a birthing ball? when did you ladies get yours? Is there any benifit at 28wks or is it only useful closer to labour?

I also got mine early as I had lower back issues and it really helps to exercise on it xx

ordered one, thanks :)

Another hyjack... But why do you need a birthing ball, what are the benefits? I think I'm being silly here lll x

That ball looks ok u would just say that the birthing ones are much thicker and feel stronger in my experience
Mine is 75 cm but I am 5"10 so need a big one!
They are fab I bounce away when my back ad ribs are hurting (baby is kicking my ribs and has trapped a nerve!)
Mine came with a booklet on exercise to do during pregnancy during labour and afterwards!
Highly recommend natural birthing something the ball is called
Xx

I use my gym ball about 2-3 hours a day and in 2 weeks baby has engaged 2/5ths more :) look in tri 3 section for a recent thread on birthing balls :) xx

I sit on mine as it's more comfy then the chair it couch at times. I use a gym ball I don't see much difference only in price x

i got the davina one from argos x

Wow - that is a bargain LOL!

Thanks

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
As I understand it, birthing balls are made so that they 'deflate' when punctured rather than pop which is what gym balls can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back