birth plan

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone could help me my midwife seems a bit dosy and is going away today and hasnt gone through my birth plan with me and i dont really know what to do - if any1 could help it would be very much appreciated
sarah and bubba

i cant help you.... i dont have long left either.. and nothing about birth plans or labour has even been mentioned :cry:

I have a birth plan in with my hospital notes, its just a list of questions with ick boxes for answeres and a space next to it to write any comments. with terminology explained on the back. My midewife so far has just told me to have a look at it and have a think about what I want. But on my 38week home visit she will go through it all with me and fill it out.
If you dont have one of these sheets in your maternety notes perhaps give your anti natal clinic a quick call and ask them if you should have been given one. differernt hospitals have diffrent procedures.

Sarah

After having five babies and this one being my 6th Ill be honest with you that although making a birth plan is a good idea you must also be prepared for it change at any time whilst in labour. I was very much I want a natural birth and don't give me any drugs until I actually went into labour where i turned into a "give me it all and NOW" person. Personally for this reason i dont bother and just go with the flow of how things are going.

Basically though you can say what drugs you would like, what drugs you do not wish to have. Do you want your husband/partner to cut cord, you can actually be specific and say that you dont want the nurses to say what sex (if you dont know) but let your husband/partner tell you. Sure that there are lots of other things as well that someone else will be able to help you with

Ragna xxxx

My midwife has said nothing about my labour or birth plan.

I already have a 3 year old boy so I don't know if she just assumes me to get on with it cause I've done it all before. I did have a birth plan with my son and none of it went according to plan!

I was induced the last time and would really like to avoid it this time but I find my midwife very unapproachable when it comes to asking questions.

Never mind, hopefully everything goes fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back