birth plan

nmf1987

Reaction score
well wrote it ages ago but have just streamlined it and typed it out as was told to take it on wednesday to mw appointment.

makes it all seem really real and that it really could happen every minute.

made myself laugh writing it out.

i wish to have as natural a birth as possible.

lol how long will that last. place your bets now. begging for some form of drugs within ......minutes.

i will be strong. pointless thread just cant believe its my due date in 10 days. it took so long to get a bfp and now im finally getting to the stage of meeting my baby, im so excited, nervous, scared etc i could cry. xxxx

Hehe not necessarily - you might surprise yourself and manage to go completely drug free!

I've just written mine as the antenatal class midwife said there was a template on cow and gate website so I've just written it although oh knows what I want and don't want x

yeah lee knows what i want but thought i better write one incase he panics and has no idea what he is doing. xxx

yeah lee knows what i want but thought i better write one incase he panics and has no idea what he is doing. xxx

It's true who knows what they will be like !! I've said I want gas an air and pethedine at a push if im not coping but no epidural unless it's an emergency or I need a c section bit will all probably go out the bloody window in labour lol x

same here. said i want just gas and air if i can. xxx

I've not wrote one yet n to be honest don't no if I'll bother

Last time they didn't even look at it for me n I don't think even if they did they would of followed it

I think If u want minimal intervention n ur just stating what drugs u would want etc it fine but labor is that hit n miss how it can go I feel u really can't say so they don't take much notice x

Constantstar mine is the same as yours. At the minute I def don't want an epidural but who knows how long that will last!

I don't intend to be a martyr but don't want them ramming the drugs down my throat either - I have said that I will ask for the pethidine and/ or epidural if I feel I need them...

Its kinda unrealistic to ask a woman to write a birth plan in that when you write it you have no idea what you are in for!

I have decided not to bother with a birth plan now. Earlier in the pregnancy, I had some very definate ideas about what I did and did not want, but now I have decided to scrap the birth plan and just go with the flow. I don't intend to have an epidural or pethidine - but I am not going to rule them out. I dont know what the pain will be like for me and how well or badly I may cope.

xx

Last edited:
I've written one but it's very basic. I'm hopefully giving birth in the Midwife Led Unit at my hospital if they have the room when we go in and they don't offer any stronger pain relief that G&A which is good because I have this big fear about strong drugs making me sick or so out of it I don't know whats going on. I've just written at the top of my birth plan that this is what I would 'like' to happen but completely understand that at the end of the day they have our best interests at heart so if they need to do something different then so be it :) x

I tried not to write one but at my last mf appointment, she sat and asked me laods of questions and then filled the back of the book out with one!

mine is very basic. and everything ive put is what i would hope to happen but have also put i am open to suggestions and will listen to what is recommended by mw. the only thing i have said is should i require more than g&a i will ask for it i do not want to be offered.

i think you have to go with the flow with an labour 1st, 2nd cos you never know but thought it best to have a couple of points noted that if possible i would like. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back