birth plan

Gruntie2

Reaction score
got to see my midwfie tomorrow and have some birth plan ideas written down... what kind of things do i need to put in there???

who you want with you
What pain relief you plan on having
if you want your oh/or yourself to cut cord etc

i think its practical to put things such as.. i wish for i would like..

the only 'dont' i have said is that i dont want the cord clamped and cut. i want it to stop pulsating.

I wrote an essay for mine! This was mine, it was pretty much entirely kept to.

As I have never been through labour before I am happy to adapt where necessary. However I will ideally like the following adhered to where possible:

• § I would like to give birth in my own home. If it becomes necessary to go to hospital (only if there is a medical reason), I would like to stay home for as long as possible.
    § No more than one student present. No male students.
    § For pain relief, I would like to use a birthing pool and gas and air.
    § I would like to avoid Pethadine (or similar) and an epidural, unless it becomes necessary.
    § I would like to be as active as possible during labour. Should it be necessary to monitor me or the baby at any point, I would like this to last as short a time as possible, and any monitors to be removed once they are no longer being used.
    § For the actual birth, I want to choose my own position.
    § Unless it is not possible for medical reasons, the baby is to be placed directly onto my stomach/chest. I wish to attempt to feed as soon as possible.
    § My partner is to check and confirm the sex. If he is not in a position to do so and is unlikely to return to such a position within a reasonable time period, my mother is to check and confirm the sex.
    § If for any reason I am unable to take the baby immediately following delivery, and provided there is no medical reason not to, the baby is to be handed directly to my partner.
    § My partner is to be offered the opportunity to cut the cord. If he declines or is not in a position to do so, and provided she is present, my mother is to be offered
    § Should the baby be delivered in hospital, I would like him or her to have a label/wrist band with the surname (if necessary alongside one with my surname)
    § I wish for my partner and I to be kept informed of any events during the labour. Should intervention become necessary I would like any action explained in full before is happens (where possible)
    § Where any of the above is not possible, I would like it explained to my partner and me. If I am not able to make a decision, my partner is to be consulted before any action takes place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back