Birth plan.....hmmmmm....

Annie050408

Reaction score
I have my 29 wk appt with the midwife on Tuesday and I suspect she may want to start talking birth plans but I just can't decide what sort of birth I want. I suspect my pain threshold will be low but as it's my first I just don't know how I'll do. The only thing I do know is that I don't want too many internal examinations.

i find this hard too..
i will see what she has to say about it all..
but i think i would prefere it as natrual as possible and hopefully nothing else then gas and air. They dont do epidurals at the birthcentre anyway.

My midwife is a total waste of space. I get more help from here than I do from her!
She does her checks, gives me leaflets then i'm out the door. I've put a few bullet points together with my main wishes and added that if for any reason i'm unable to make decisions etc then I want my OH to make them for me as he knows what I want. It doesn't have to be a massive list :)

im a bit cynical about birth plans but that due to my previous experience and from being on this site i know it was not like that for 99% OF people but everything i so lovingly wrote when i had dd was out the window in seconds because of complications this time all mine will say is epidural and if for any reason as i have a feeling will happen i have csection it will be spinal block not ga if at all poss

I've never made one. Always wanted to, but nothing about birth (well mine anyway) have been very predictable!!

My mw's have always said to me before things hot up " what have you thought on pain relief, 3rd stage, and daddy cutting the cord, skin 2 skin " and I've just told them there and then lol.

And I screamed for an epidural every time, just seconds before bubba's head popped out lol.

Although, maybe I should have made one this time. I KNEW, from my 2nd, that i go from having a posterior cervix to fully dilated within minutes. I think the mw's wouln't have been so shocked when Oscar flew at them as if from nowhere lol!!

I didn't really have one, except I did NOT want pethidine. That was my only rule. I actually asked for an epidural at one point but they said "nope sorry, you're too far gone..." so I did it all just using gas and air. I'm quite happy that I did it that way now. Hoping to do the same with this bub.

To be honest I hadn't actually packed a hospital bag when DS decided to show up early... so birth plan wasn't a big deal. You can just make it up as you go along if you like. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back