• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birth of Alexander Daniel

LJ_85

Reaction score
Alexander Daniel was born 8 days early weighing 7lb 2oz on Tues 4th Oct at 9.27am.

I was in Latent Labour from Thurs 29th Sept as had contractions from 3am that morning every 4 mins so went into hosp at 6pm and was 3cm dilated. Mw sure I was going to have him that evening / morning so went home as pain mild and sort out LO.
At 5am Fri morn nothing - pains gone so rang hosp and they said common for labour to stop.
All weekend getting contractions every 8 mins but not getting worse so as weather nice was bouncing on birthing ball to speed up labour.
On Monday I stopped paying attention as thought never going to happen so didn't realise at that time I was nesting lol, cleaned house, made a trifle and weeded garden / veggie patch. On feet all day lol.
3am Tues 4th Oct, contractions every 4 mins and were noticable. Hubby had to get up for work at 4am so told him to go at 5am as it is nothing so ate me breaky in bed which Hubby made for me. At 6am I had this severe period pain when lying in bed and thought I needed the toilet. At 6.15am I rang Hubby to come home as had the show again which had on and off for 2 weeks from 17th Sept. While waiting for him to arrive from working 2 hours away I managed to get a shower, get LO up and dressed for Hubby bro to collect him and take him to my aunts at 8.20 all through contractions every 2mins. At 8.45 Hubby pulled on drive and got to hosp at 8.50. At 8.56 I was in del room and mw checked baby and gave me an internal to find I was 9cm gone. To ease last cm I took gas and air. At 9.15 I was ready to push bearing in mind I wanted to push since getting in hosp. At 9.27am our beautiful son was born.

All in all as did most of it on own and lasted from active labour 3.5 hours I will consider a home birth next time lol. Looking back on it now I coped through the pain with the breathing techniques and due to it being my second I was prepared. xx

Wow thats the way too do it!! Massive Congrats to you! XX

Congratulations! Sounds like you did brilliantly xx

Oh wow!! Well done, great birth story congrats xxx

Great delivery hun, congratulations :)

Lxx

What a fantastic birth story!!!! Please god let mine be like yours!!! :pray:

Congrats on the safe arrival of your baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads