birth certificate?

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
hiya

long story short, i dont know the fathers name (he knows im pregnant, has from the start, but wants nothing to do with me or LO)

i cant contact him, so, practical question, what do i put on the birth certificate under father's name when LO is born?

I think he just won't be on it so it'll be left blank and you're LO has to take your name (which Im sure you're more than ok with).

Even if you find out his name I would leave it blank just incase in the future he has a change of heart and then has equal rights x

I know the babys father and would love him on the birth certificate but unfortunately he wants naff all to do with us so im guessing this will be blank for me too wont it, as im sure i was told he had to be there xxx

You won't be able to put his name on anyway unless he goes with you to register.

Just so you know, he does not need to be there if you want to put his name on the certificate.

If you're married it's ok for either parent to register birth of child and put both names of birth certificate, however if not married both parents need to be there for registration to get 2 names put on. That's the case in NI anyway.

That's also the case in England too. If you're not married to father his name can't go on the certificate unless he's with you when you register baby x

any time from birth but has to be done within 6 weeks x

Just so you know, he does not need to be there if you want to put his name on the certificate.

Like others have said if you're not married then the father has to be present of his name is going on there! Don't worry hun, I had visions of them asking me all sorts of questions to make me feel bad but they didn't at all lol.

Make sure you take some cash with you to purchase a full certificate otherwise you just get issued a short one! Xx

Yes that's right , if not married you both have to be present to register both names.
Our registar told me that if we decide to get married in the future not to forget to make another appointment with her . Does anyone know why she said that ? I was too wrapped up in the moment to ask and since I have found no more information about it anywhere.
What changes could be made to the cerficate if we later marry ? I would love to hear anyone thoughts on it . thx xx

Yes that's right , if not married you both have to be present to register both names.
Our registar told me that if we decide to get married in the future not to forget to make another appointment with her . Does anyone know why she said that ? I was too wrapped up in the moment to ask and since I have found no more information about it anywhere.
What changes could be made to the cerficate if we later marry ? I would love to hear anyone thoughts on it . thx xx

Your lo's birth certificate will show you are married and change ur surname if your taking oh. You legally have to do this as the one you have now is void. It doesnt cost anything unless you want to buy a full birth cert.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I just compared mine from before we married and after its just my surname different.
I was glad they change it as to my kids I will always be married name not maiden name and my second was born after we married so there birth certs are thy same.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back