• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birth after a third degree tear

drea b

Reaction score
Was at the hospital today for my three month follow up after tearing pretty badly duriing Labour. She was saying to me that as standard I would be offered the option to have a C Section next time round. Apparently most women choose this option, however she also assured me that of all the women she's treated who decided to have a natural birth none had any serious problems. Just wondering if any of you ladies have gave birth naturally and if you had any problems.

Just interested really - Not thinking of a little brother or sister anytime soon :)

Hiya

Yes I had a bad tear with Brody and for a while I was seriously considering a section... until I spoke to my MW who looked at me like I was mad! The more I thought about a section, I wondered how on earth I would cope lifting Brody in and out of his cot and carseat etc. I had a follow up at the hospital at 36 weeks and I was expecting them to have a look down there and tell me my chances etc but they basically just wrote on my notes that I could have an episiotomy :wall:
I wrote it on my birth plan that I wold rather have an episiotomy than tear again, but in the end I didn't need one and just had a very small tear that needed a couple of stitches... less than an epi would have been :)

The key for me was talking to my delivery MW and telling her about my previous tear and when the pushing time came she was very clear and made me push slowly so I got off OK :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back