Bird Flu

yum turkey with cranberry sauce and them little sausages with bacon wrapped round them....i luuuurve xmas dinner cant wait! :cheer:

is the stuff like quorn any good? :think:

mummykay said:
yum turkey with cranberry sauce and them little sausages with bacon wrapped round them....i luuuurve xmas dinner cant wait! :cheer:

is the stuff like quorn any good? :think:

Quorn is wicked. We eat it all the time. Quorn mince in spag bol, chilli. Quorn pies, sausages, ham, chicken, its all good. We had a party at playgroup for halloween and the girl who runs it made some quorn ham sandwiches for me and Isaac and all the kids loved them!

Try it!

Lou :)

Sammystar said:
lou said:
Sammystar said:
Well, the day you can catch any virus which has survived 3.5 hrs at 170°c is the day we all have to run for the hills....... veggies or not!

Bring the turkey on, and I'll have extra sprouts :wink: ..........! :lol: :lol:

Tell that to the people that have died from CJD!

err, CJD isn't a virus.
H5N1 is a virus though.

I stand corrected :)

i went through an almost veggy stage.. where i didnt touch meat for aobut 5-6 months.. because i didnt like the way most animals are treated when they are alive.. most supermarket chickens for example are battery birds.. makes me really sad when ive reserched how these birds live.. most pork from denmark come from intensivly farmed pigs.. we are talking 8 pigs in a small 12x12 pen.. and sometimes more in there and less space..anyway...

then we decided to get some chickens just for eggs.. we loved it.. after a few months alex said lets get some birds for the table.. i helped him dispach the birds.. pluck, gut etc.. and we cooked it.. and ate it.. and i started to like meat again.. this may seem silly to some.. but when you know where your meat comes from.. and know how good a life they have had it doesnt seem so bad.. i feel worse for eattign a supermarket bird than one that ive fed and reared.. also.. whe you cook a supermarket chicken.. you get loads of fat and water left in teh tray after.. anyone who has cooked their own birds get about.. 1 tea spoon of fat out of the bird..i will let your imagination run wild with what the supermarket birds are fed or pumped with to make them heavier for sale..??

I personally don't like meat of any kind.... Red meats I'm not allowed to eat but I am supposed to eat chicken and fish.. I have quite strict diets so I don't get a choice.... but if I could just have veggies all the time I would.

I was a vegetarian from around the age of 13 to 17 (when I was diagnosed with Crohns and my diet became a huge issue)...

Personally this whole flu thing doesn't worry me too much... a) you gotta die of something b) your more likely to be run over by a car, but that won't stop me going outside.

Poor farmers though... that's their livelihood going down the drain... They must be really worried about their future and financial security... That's really stressful. :(

lisa&alex said:
i went through an almost veggy stage.. where i didnt touch meat for aobut 5-6 months.. because i didnt like the way most animals are treated when they are alive.. most supermarket chickens for example are battery birds.. makes me really sad when ive reserched how these birds live.. most pork from denmark come from intensivly farmed pigs.. we are talking 8 pigs in a small 12x12 pen.. and sometimes more in there and less space..anyway...

then we decided to get some chickens just for eggs.. we loved it.. after a few months alex said lets get some birds for the table.. i helped him dispach the birds.. pluck, gut etc.. and we cooked it.. and ate it.. and i started to like meat again.. this may seem silly to some.. but when you know where your meat comes from.. and know how good a life they have had it doesnt seem so bad.. i feel worse for eattign a supermarket bird than one that ive fed and reared.. also.. whe you cook a supermarket chicken.. you get loads of fat and water left in teh tray after.. anyone who has cooked their own birds get about.. 1 tea spoon of fat out of the bird..i will let your imagination run wild with what the supermarket birds are fed or pumped with to make them heavier for sale..??

I really admire that. I think if I kept chickens I'd feel the same way. I couldn't kill a pig though. My OH is a veggie now but when he was in Africa he killed pigs for meat. He doesn't like being reminded ot it now though.

Its sad what some animals have to go through so people can eat meat. If all animals were reared on farms and had a good quality of life I would seriously consider eating some meats again.

Lou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back