Bio-oil

violet-glow

Reaction score
Hiya girls,

I dont know if theres already been a topic on this, but ive just seen an advert for bio-oil on telly. Its meant to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Its around 9 quid tho, so a bit pricey. But hey if it works im will to give it a go. Best to use it after pregnancy though, because there isnt much point during.

Just thought id let you lot know... but you've probably already seen it.

:hug: take care all xxx

i use that stuff but i wernt to keen on it i will try if after pregnancy to see if it helps :)

the first day i used it i got a stretch mark! grrrrr lol

Bio-oil is really good Violet.

I am a beauty therapist and I recommend this to all my clients with scars, stretch marks, aged/dehydrated skin, pigmentation patches.

It contains a high level of vitamin E which is rejuvenating and healing and is perfect for stretch marks because it helps with the elasticity in the skin and helps to repair.

Use it whenever you can, the key is to massage it in for as long as possible as this helps stimulate the scar tissue/stretch mark helping the repair/healing process.

Pricey but defo worth it in my opinion. :D

i think im going to be prone to stretch marks though :(

any other ideas jaidy???? please!! lol

Thanks for that info JaidyBaby, im sold *runs screaming to the shop* lol

I think if your going to get stretchmarks then theres nothing to stop that. I dont think creams work. So I saw bio-oil and thought Hmmmm that looks good, if it reduces the appearance then im all for it! :D

Yes your right Violet, if your skin is inclined to get stretch marks nothing will stop them.

But, you can reduce the appearance and fade them, even during pregnancy. So long as you use an oil/cream rich in vitamin E that highly nourishes and improves elasticity.

The earlier you start the better and the big thing is MASSAGING it in for as long as possible, THIS is the thing that stimulates the production of more elastin which improves elasticity of the skin, preventing those damn stretch marks.

The joys of pregnancy, I started using the cream from the day I found out I was pregnant but I reckon those stretch marks are gonna hit soon!!

i cud do with sum of that oil coz i am swamped in stretchies now:(

If you have a T J Hughes by you, they sell it a bit cheaper on perfume/beauty bit...I got some for my sis and then myself when we first found out we were PG
I keep it by side of bed, and massage a few drops on to boobies and belly each night before bed and have done since around 8 weeks....hoping it does some good in the long run and if not, well hey its a nice little massage each night!! :wink:

I will be bathing in the stuff afterwards I reckon, bet I get stretch marks from hell :evil: :evil: xx

mine have run wild over my belly, boob ( yes just the one lol) and on my leg and hips:(

mine have gone mad above my belly button but no where else yet......

Ive already got loads from having zack... there just stretching now :cry:
hopin I dont get anymore...

OOoOO they sell it on ebay :D

I hinted to Oh ...told him they get rid of scars and stretch marks so we both could use it :D

I ordered some bio oil the other day from e bay ( you can also get in boots) because a few of my friends use it and say it is brill and has faded their stretch marks loads. I say anything is worth a try as I am 24 weeks pregnant and each day the stretch marks on my tummy are getting worse.

There is hope! I think Dionne said she used cream religiously throughout her first pregnancy and didn't get any and in her second she didn't bother and did get them! Also some others have said they didn't get them on their bellies where they used cream but got them elsewhere. I already have them from puberty but really don't want any on my belly. I have left a tub of cocoa butter next to the sink and keep rubbing it on throughout the day. Fingers crossed :lol:

i got some the day after i had Harley i hate it, its so greasy getting ot the bath and putting it on is horrid and greasy i dont like it

its like rubbing chip fat all over my belly

dionne said:
i got some the day after i had Harley i hate it, its so greasy getting ot the bath and putting it on is horrid and greasy i dont like it

its like rubbing chip fat all over my belly

I use the clarins one and it's great. I use in the morning before showering and in the evening as well. Showering gets the excess grease off and they actually recommend a cool shower after using it. :D

tina, how much did you pay for the clarins one?

so if i rub the bio oil on then have a shower straight after it still works???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back