bio oil

hayleyVrabbit

Reaction score
hiya has anyone been using bio oil? ive just started to get a few stretch marks so i thought id give it a go..... when my sisters have had there babies they ended up with hundreds of stretch marks so i thought i might give it a try see if it works.. no harm in trying. :D

i have it but i will admit havent been using it everyday...naughty me..

Have got a dry oil spray..i love it..no sticky messiness after :wink:

HI,

I've been using Bio Oil since I found out I was pregnant which was 17 weeks ago. I was recommended this by my cousin who did't get any stretch marks when she was preggy.

So far although I have a small bump I haven't seen one mark, fingers crossed I wont have any.

Good Luck if you try it out xx

I have used it through my pregnancy....my tummy still looks like spaghetti junction with all the stretch marks that have appeared (rather suddently around the 28-30 week marker!) so I don't think it's stopped them coming but might help them fade afterwards? I finished my last bottle about 3 nights ago, not investing in anymore, I've such a short time to go and will just make do with my regular moisturiser now.

Sadly stretch marks are usually hereditary (well something to do with how well the skin stretches/goes back seems to be) and are caused not only by the skin stretching, but also because of the hormones around at such times (e.g. during a growth spurt in puberty and at pregnancy). I doubt whether any kind of cream or oil will prevent stretchmarks if you are predisposed to them.

I did not get a single one with my last 2 children, so I'm hoping I won't this time either. My mum (who had 4 babies), my aunties and cousins etc did not get any either.

It's best to ask your own mum, sisters etc whether they got them to find out whether you're likely to as well.

The good thing about rubbing your belly with cream or oil though is that the baby is supposed to be able to feel and respond to this massaging. It should also make you feel better and your skin softer, so go for it - just don't be upset if you still get a few stretchmarks - these look quite purply/red at first but soon fade away to a much thinner, silvery-white version afterwards. A lot of people just view them as a "mark of pregnancy" and are nothing to worry about.

Oh, and I might have escaped stretchmarks thus far, but I have a huge linea nigra from my belly button down (I'm very pale skinned and its dark) and I've had it for years! I think I'd rather have a few stretchmarks that fade :D I'm also "lucky" enough to have inherited the predisposition for varicose veins! :D

xxx

i'l give it a go for nothing! i'm already showing a few stretch marks just on one side of my bump which is weird :D i guess i just have to accept it. my mum and sisters both have plenty of stretch marks and i guess everyone of them i get is worth it in the end......

I'd recommend body shop cocoa butter for stretch marks :)

I've been using bio oil, not with great regularity though. But to be honest I don't hold out much hope of not getting stretch marks. I already have some white/silvery ones just from going to a size 10 through puperty! I've also read, in quite a few places, that not only is it genetic predisposition that stops creams from having an effect, but also the fact that stretch marks start on the inside and work there way out. So the cream only reaches them after they've already formed. Bummer hey!!??

I've been getting a little worried that OH might not fancy me anymore after the baby has finished with my body, but i think its best to think of them as war wounds or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back