Bigger problems in the world but still

Littleperson

Reaction score
It’s now been more than 12 weeks since my D&C after miscarriage.
Still no period.

have spoken to a doctor twice, latest being today and been told ‘it can take a while’

I mentioned I’d read about asherman syndrome which is scar tissue in the uterus caused by trauma, surgery can cause it. But the doctor seemed to think I was mad for thinking that and that it ‘just takes time’

I’m just fed up. Still feels like the never ending miscarriage ever since the first bleed on 9th of December.
And as my title says I know there are much greater problems in the world but I still can’t help the torment and pain I feel over this. The stress of it can’t be helping either, and now with everything else going on in the world my stress and anxiety is through the roof as I imagine many of you are also feeling! It makes me think it could be a loooooong time before I see a period again.

anyone ever had to wait this long after a miscarriage? Or know anyone who has?

I had to wait 11 weeks before I got a "real" period. I still had some remaining tissue after the d&c and I would only spot or have a weird one day bleed and then nothing for weeks. I would still have very light positive tests for weeks on end too. After the tissue came out during a period, I had an early ovulation on cd 10 or 11, and got pregnant again with DD2.

Maybe you have some remaining tissue as well? Have you tested with a hpt again?
I know how you feel though. The waiting is endless and you are kinda stuck, waiting for your body to reset. It's frustrating and confrontational since you are reminded daily of that horrible miscarriage. The only advice my gynaecologist gave me was "be patient" which was so not helpful! My GP just the same...
Eventually it did work out but I felt so down for such a long time! I have it all in my TTC journal, I will add the link.

I hope with all my heart that you will get your new cycle and that you get pregnant soon!
Sending you loads of hugs!:hug:

I am sorry your are going through this. Try to remain positive as positive mood benefits to success in treatments. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back