Big Brother

skairdykat

Reaction score
Found this on the web:

Seven years on and we're all still suckers for the daddy of reality TV shows. As we gear up for another summer from Britain's most famous house, we look at some of the rumours, half-truths and down-right lies surrounding the upcoming show...
Dirty tricks
There has been much speculation that producers are planning to capitalise on the heightened interest in Big Brother because of the race row with plans for another edgy series. The tabloids have reported that this summer's series will be built around the theme of "Saints and Sinners" in an attempt to cause friction in the House.

There has also been a report that instead of the usual £100,000 prize fund, Big Brother 8 contestants will have personal bank accounts and compete against each other to earn cash during their stay in the house.

New house
Related LinksBB worldwideBB romanceTop cash-insCeleb BB round-upBB boards
New additions to the house could include a spa added to the bedroom to encourage lust. And due to new legislation, a smoking ban will be in effect in all public places. Health officials have declared the House as a workplace, meaning housemates will not be allowed to smoke inside, but will be able to smoke outside.
New selection process
Following the recent spate of unstable contestants ending up in the house, this year's selection process reportedly involved new psychological tests to ensure that all prospective contestants can cope with life in the house. This might have something to do with Shahbaz talking about killing himself a few days into Big Brother 7.

As part of the final selection process it has been suggested that short-listed candidates were spied on by the show's production team to ensure that potential housemates were watched at work and during nights out.

Bye bye Brand and Big Brain
The traditional Monday night psychology show Big Brother's Big Brain will not be returning for this summer's series. The weekly show, fronted by Dermot O'Leary, featured psychological profiles and analysis of the housemates' behaviour. Its termination might have something to do with the recent news that O'Leary has landed a presenting role on ITV's X Factor. However, fans will still be able to catch him on BBLB for the summer run.

Sadly Russell Brand fans will no longer get their daily fix of the skinny-jeaned dandy as reports suggest that the 31-year-old funny man will be not returning to host Big Mouth. Sob.

Start date
Not long now. The exact date is still a closely guarded secret but most tabs are speculating that it could be either Friday, 25th May or Friday, 1st June. However, we seem to remember the house opening its door on a Thursday evening last summer. So anything is possible.

Can't wait :cheer: :cheer:

Every year I say I'm not going to watch but I always do, so this year I'm going to admit defeat now and say yes I will enjoy watching. It's the ultimate in 'car crash' T.V.

I know my OH hates it (or so he says :wink: ). I am even a member of a BB forum :shhh: Roll on only a few weeks away - hurray!!!

I love watching the 1st night to see what nutters go in :lol:

i like it when it gets closer to the end... i get bored with too many people :doh:

I love big brother but i get confused by all the people in the first few weeks there are soo many of them :oops:

nic & keeley said:
I love big brother but i get confused by all the people in the first few weeks there are soo many of them :oops:
ditto & they all argue & try to hard to stand out ( if that makes sense)

Yep they all try to hard they still dress up and what i think is play up too much for the camara's to get a 'career' for when they come out :roll:

I like it when all them people have been voted out :lol:

and the more 'real' people come forward.

still, whats going to be big brothers 'thing' this year? there is always a twist they don't announce till they do it.

Isn't it the saint and sinners?

I heard that in the humailation (sp) room they were gonna put old house mates in :think:

:cheer: cant wait..

i love it as well.. all the bickering gets on my nerves though sometimes but some times it funny :rotfl:

woohoo bring it on!!!! :cheer:
My Oh always says its crap but ends up as addicted as me

lol so does mine. he moans when he sees the ads leading up to it but giv him 3 weeks and he refuses to go out on a friday night so he can watch the eviction lol. cant wait i love big bro!!!! xxxxxx

I hate big brother, but I always watch it and end up addicted :roll:

jo said:
woohoo bring it on!!!! :cheer:
My Oh always says its crap but ends up as addicted as me

Mine too!!!

I think i'll have to foster out the dog & baby for the duration so I can concentrate on it fully :wink: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back