Big baby

NicciLove

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well?

Havent't been on here for a while as been sooo busy but now i've finally started maternity leave I finally have some time to post!

So i've been in and out of hospital with PV bleeding, last saturday being the worse and the docs initially thought my membranes had ruptured. I was also having contractions but they said they would leave me to go into labour naturally as 35 weeks is a good gestational age but then 3 hours later they just stopped :(

They cant seem to find where the bleeding is coming from as my placenta is fine and it comes and goes. They did however pick up on the fact that baby was big for dates and so I had to do a gtt test which came up with slightly higher sugar levels.

Anyhooo so went back today for a growth scan and aparently baby is measuring full term and already at a good weight of 7.2lbs.

They are now talking about possibly inducing me within the next couple of weeks.

For those who have been induced, is it really as painful as they say??? :(

it must have been a stressful time for you, i dont know about inducion atall cant help you on that.. :(
thank god you have past the 35 weeks so even if baby comes soon he/she will be ok :D
im happy your back anyway!!

i didnt find induction painfull as once drip went on full i had epidural it just very long winded best of luck hun hope they dont have to induce xxx

Have they given you a reason as to why they want to induce you? other then because babys big? my posts keep getting deleted because i tried to give you a link to a big baby website as im currently having a big baby and my daughter was a big baby too. Iv been told i should have been induced today but i refused and am going over by 12days. Your not under southend are you/ they seem to say everyones having big babies and induce them x

Hi Becks,

No im in Chelmsford st johns. Sorry im being a bit ditsy i probably should have mentioned that I have also have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes! Sorry! I am not taking tablets or anything, just monitoring by diet but my sugar readings arent that bad . . .

They've not confirmed i will be induced just yet just a possibility, im back in on Monday for monitoring?!?! dont really understand what that will do but hey! i think thats why theyre suggesting i be induced

On one of my brief stays at the hospital i met a nice lady in the day room who said she had exactly the same things as me ie. measuring a month ahead and they told her they no longer induce ladies with larger babies (she eventually gave birth to a 9.4lb a week overdue)

I would have thought hospitals so close would have similar . . . sorry cant think of the word?? . . .similar guidelines? is that right?? xxxx

Having diabetes is a big factor in having big babies but i just make them naturally lol. I think if its posing a risk to you or babys health then they will induce you. But remember you have a choice! Scans arent really acurate and can be 2lb out at times. My midwife thinks my baby is a good size but scans show hes gonna weigh more. Just make sure you know all the facts before you go ahead with induction as in cases with bigger babies or earlier induction CAN lead to csections and this is what put me off. Iv had crap care from southends consultants and thats why iv gone against what they have told me. im not sure about areas using the same guidelines as i was getting mixed information from all the consultants i saw. I think it just depends on the consultant and how much they know. x

Also i was told by my midwife that they have sent people with bigger babies to be induced at 40weeks and the consultants refused to do it so maybe they do have same sort of guidelines im not sure but they seem so keen on inducing me. x

I think it just depends on the consultant and how much they know. x

I make you totally right on that one!! I've found that each consultant has different plans for me!

I'm not worrying too much about it at the mo, am going in on monday for monitoring and will see what they say, they way im feeling and after saturday i doubt i will need inducing anyway lol

xxxxx

Hope things start happening for you soon hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back