• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFP triggered DIY

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
Anyone else or just me and DH?

We've currently got someone in boarding the loft and moving the loft hatch so we have some storage and can get rid of the clutter.

We're gonna have a major clear out and sell much of the excess stuff as possible so that will hopefully go towards funding some of the stuff we want done.

I've set a deadline in my head of getting upstairs finished by the end of Tri1. All of our bedrooms are going to be stripped and plastered/skimmed so we can just paint.

After that my next deadline is to have downstairs and the kitchen done by the end of Tr12. Kitchen's a big job because it involves knocking down a wall but desperately needs doing.

Ambitious but it needs doing. We'd really like to sell and move on so the work needs doing anyhow.

Lol
We did loads of tidying and clearing up when I got my bfp. I also got hubby to do shelves for nursery (which only went up last month, she's 7 months old next week!)

Enjoy yourself you won't have much time later on in your pregnancy x

No way :lol: the will-be nursery was only decorated last year so it's staying as is I'm just shoving some teddy pics on the wall. our lounge needs doing but will wait til next year -just CBA!! X

We are but we were going to be doing it anyway to be honest we have both got a week off to sort out the garden, bathroom floor, new shower and were also selling a lot of stuff and getting rid of unwanted things. OH thinks its very funny that i have my BFP just as the hard work starts! haahaa

Yes. My MIL and FIL have since started re-doing the whole bathroom, it has no sink, shower or toilet in there at the moment :p and they have also completely redecorated our bedroom downstairs with new walls, new paint, new carpet, new bed and new wardrobes soon. All this for a baby! They've wanted to do things for a while, I think me and OH finding out we are expecting has pushed my in laws to get their DIY done at last. xxx

Been doing things since BFP too, clearing and sorting out, although ran out of steam when sickness kicked in! Back to it big time now though, just designed a loft conversion and an outside studio so we can have the office as a room for a nursery, think we might go with the outside studio and forget the loft conversion just now though, I get a bit over ambitious at times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back