Anyone got a boiler in the loft?

shootingstar22

Reaction score
Strange question I know...

We saw aa house and noticed that the boiler was in the loft we a remote control thing to adjust temperature and stuff. Noticed a little water damage on the ceiling in a corner of the room that looks like the boiler may have done or when it was installed some water splashed down.

Anyway, a boiler in a loft makes me a little nervous...so was wondering if anyone has one and can rate them?

Ta

i've never heard of that to be honest mine is electric and in my bedroom cupboard.might be worth asking a boiler/plumbing contractor if this is safe.

what type of boiler? full cystem one (big huge tanks) or a combi??

My OH's dads boiler is in his loft. The only problem its ever caused him is when it packed in hun cos theres no boarding up there to stand on (which seems silly) xx

My partner is a heating engineer and says it's quite rare to have it in the loft these days (they don't usually fit new ones up there anymore). So it must be a few years old. But also says they're no more or less reliable than one in the kitchen/anywhere else in the house. & depends what type of boiler it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back