Best way to transport feeds

Bella2

Reaction score
As a new mum I'm a little bit anxious about feeding my LO when I'm out....am currently bottle feeding, just wondered what's the best way to transport the formula? Is it best to just take the water then add the formula when I'm out or can I take the bottle out already made up? x x

I either take the bottle already made up (if I know I'll definitely be using it within about an hour) or I just take a sterilised empty bottle and the cartons of ready made milk. To be honest I mainly just bring cartons out with me. Just sterilise your bottles as you normally would, make sure the teats and lids are screwed on tight and pop them in a zip-lock bag. Oh, and maybe keep a little pair of nail scissors in your change bag, as I've found using your fingers to rip open the carton just makes it go everywhere! x

Last edited:
I just take out water and then formula poweder in a dispenser in my bag

I used to take a bottle of water and just add the powder when needed. I know some mummies didn't like to do it that way and they used to take out a carton of ready made, but that can get expensive if you are out alot x

i used to measure the water in the bottle, and then had the powder measured out in the dispenser and just mixed it when i needed it. my lo used to drink his bottles at room temp when we were out my sometimes i got them heated up too. you could take it already mixed if you know that you will be using it within the hour. i got my powder dispenser from boots!

ready made for me now, but when he was first born I took outmy thermal flask with hot water in and powder so I didn't have to heat it up x

thanks girls for your responses, seems you all do pretty much the same thing which is good. I can now go out - hurrah! x x

I was carrying around those individual Tommee Tippee powder pots but Asda do one that has three sections and saves so much space in the changing bag. I find if I make them up before I need them they smell (and can't be used after 2-3hours max anyway) and the cartons are quite rich IMO.
Hope you're getting on OK Bella & hope Grace is well xx

the cartons should be the reccomended ratio thats on the powder tins, aptamil is the same for me

Last edited:
It's a small plastic tub with three sections that you measure powder in to... am trying to find a pic! x

Cheers PM! I am so getting that - £2 is a bargain, as well!!
xxx

Just catching up with this - thanks so much girls have bought one of the pots! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back