Best underwear to wear whilst pregnant!!

Lovisa

Reaction score
It might sound a silly question but I've noticed even though I only have a small bump my underwear is aggrivating me.
I know people on here have talked about non-wired bras in the past so I know about them. But whats the best time to get them? I think I need them now but I'm still in the first Trimester. Is it to soon and whats the best ones to get?

Also I usually wear French knickers/ladie boxershorts style for bottom part of underwear but have noticed I'm getting a rash as I think they are rubbing.
I have tried normal knickers but having same trouble. It could just be a matter that I need a bigger size but the ones I've got seem to still fit ok:lol:
I do know people can get spots and rashes in the first trimester, so it could be that especially as the weather has been very bad lately.

I'm sorry to ask such a question but want to make sure my LO is comfortable and that my underwear is not becoming to tight and pressing.
I think I'm just worrying to much.

Thanks for listening to my rant and thanks in advance for any replies :)

i lived in tesco cheapo size 20 bridget jones knickers :lol: they were so comfy, i loved them!! as for bras, they say to wear non-wired right from the start. i found mothercare to be best for them, although they didnt do them my size by the time i was done! i wore underwired as long as i could, just cos my boobs need all the help they can get, but around 26 weeks it started getting too uncomfortable, plus i pulled a rib muscle and it was agony!!

I wear my regular knickers. I cant wear big pants. My arse eats them so I may as well wear a thong. Low rise G's or thongs and french or shorts work fine for me. :) I wear my regular bras but I do make sure that I get measured and change them if they arent fitting well :)

I ended up wearing size 22 in the end just so they would go over my bump; they were the comfiest towards the end. Otherwise I find shorts the best at the moment, plus you can get them at Asda dead cheap :)

Like the other gilrs have said I bouught some cheapies from Asda in a bigger size went from 8-10 to
12-14, I think I wore the bikini style (low rise) rather than the high leg ones so that they sit under your bump. The higher ones just kept rolling down anyway!!

Laura x

I wear non wired bras, and have done since about 5 weeks gone. The only potential problem with buying non wired ones early on is that you might find that you grow out of them quite quickly and have to keep buying new ones. I think that'd be the case with underwired ones too though because if you wear underwire while pregnant it's really important to make sure it fits properly and the wire doesn't squash your actual boob at all.

Knickers wise...I wear the low rise type from either Primark or La Senza. The ones with patterned material and then lace around the edges :) Really comfy xx

am i the only one that finds my arse eats shorts?! my mum laughed when i moved back in and she saw my huge knicks - when i was ounger i used to live in petit bateau granny pants - not much has changed lol they're still huge!!

omg!! i heard the tesco disposable maternity pants were greeeat!! so last night i took myself to tesco and invested... OMG i brought them to my mums ... she thought at first it was a shower cap... and then put them on her head!!! do not waste £1.89 on them girls!!! xx

i just bought the outstanding value ones or whatever they're called. normal ones. they're not much more expensive!!

i think the disposable ones are ment to be for during labour and after birth so you dont wreck your proper ones! haha thats what the mothercare lady told me when i was having issabelle and omg there horrible!! lol i like the shorts just get a bigger size if its rubbing, your ment to gave to have non wired bras from the start to help your breast develop properly during early pregnancy then again around 12 - 15 weeks then at 20 weeks and then a weerk or so before due date - nursing bras hope this helps x x x

Not much point in wearing knickers during labour :rofl:

I found tesco's ones the cheapies to be the best :D

OT but I actually bought new pyjamas for my first labour.....and I mean the labour....I got floaty white ones to give birth in....I think I thought I'd shake her out the trouser leg.....:doh:

OT but I actually bought new pyjamas for my first labour.....and I mean the labour....I got floaty white ones to give birth in....I think I thought I'd shake her out the trouser leg.....:doh:

:rofl:

I've bought a nightie, but I had to because I don't own any already and hospital gowns are awful! I got a cheapo one from Primark though, and picked a dark red colour :lol: xx

Yep white and I had them on all of a couple of hours before my waters went and I looked like an off white drowned rat....

OH bought me a nightie for Christmas to give birth in this time....he said the one I wore with Hebe was 'inappropriate'.....:lol:

:rofl: at white pj's, I cannot do white at the best of times :lol:
comes to something when the OH has to buy the appropriate nightwear :lol:

I'm purposely not clearing out my knicker drawer in te hope that the old ones can be put to good use and I'll treat myself to a new drawer full... although during the mc DH had to get me a clean pair of knicks, and found the brand new ones... god knows how cos there are far more old ones to choose from... they were bined less than an hour later:wall2:

Thank you all for your replies.
I actually think the underwear I have are ok and it was just the weather that was irritating me as after a few days of posting this they werent rubbing and my little bit of rash went down lol

I did buy a set of non-wired bras from M&S and I think I should of ordered a bigger size :lol: You live and learn.
But they are deffinately comfortable :)
Can't wait to go out and buy more, especially as I can't go out and buy any baby clothes yet.

I'm getting impatient as I've still got to wait till 26th jan till my scan :shock: at least I've already seen my baby but still want to make sure my LO is ok.
I'll be going straight out to buy some bits after my scan on 26th :dance:

:rotfl: You've had me in stitches lol, like I said earlier you live and learn and I'll definately make sure I don't make this mistake :lol:

i would recommend just some soft cotton knickers that go under your bump as i find them comfiest! i get the shorts kind or just low rise and they good for me..i was 10-12 so i just go for 12 up atm. it depends how your body is chaging during pregnancy though.. all i have is a massive bump and everything else fine! but your bum or hips may get bigger who knows.. hope that's helped :)

but after reading this i'm kinda suffering from same problem with the 'bra' side of things! i didn't know you were supposed to be underwired? i was a 34 f-g before and now i can hardly fit my g's! anyone got any recommendations what i should do? bra's my size are very expensive :(!

thanks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back