Embarassing question about my pants *blushes*

Londoner Claire

Reaction score
It's been 7 and a half years since my last child, also by section if that makes any difference to the answer to my question, so I have forgotten how long it lasted. How long do you get pinky discharge after birth? I can go hours with nothing then a sudden gush still, it is really peeing me off having to wear underwear to bed and not being able to have sex! :oops:

I think it was around a month for me but even after just 18 months I can't quite remember - it could have been a little longer but I think it had stopped by the time I went for my 6 week checkup.

As you say a caesarean may make a difference, also it may take longer with a second child as I've heard afterbirth pains are more severe with each subsequent child so it seems feasible that the bleeding may continue for longer too.

if it's pinkish discharge rather than clots etc. then it's likely it will stop soon - I seem to remember mine was like that for a week or so before it stopped altogether.

LBxx

littlebump said:
I think it was around a month for me but even after just 18 months I can't quite remember - it could have been a little longer but I think it had stopped by the time I went for my 6 week checkup.

As you say a cesarean may make a difference, also it may take longer with a second child as I've heard afterbirth pains are more severe with each subsequent child so it seems feasible that the bleeding may continue for longer too.

if it's pinkish discharge rather than clots etc. then it's likely it will stop soon - I seem to remember mine was like that for a week or so before it stopped altogether.

LBxx

Thanks for replying LB, I was starting to think it was too embarrassing to reply to as well, lol.

No clots so hopefully gone very soon.

my Hv said it can last for up to 6 weeks. she also said if it gets heavier its a sign you have ben doing to much

cloud9 said:
my Hv said it can last for up to 6 weeks. she also said if it gets heavier its a sign you have been doing to much

Thanks hun, it was at first as I was doing too much, hurt my scar too. Not so bad now. It's not that it's a lot, I just wish it was nothing by now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back