Best advice for putting baby to bed

Hunnie

Reaction score
I can't quite tell what's best to do :/ Sophie had a really good night last night after having her bottle, then a bath and then put to bed with her mobile on. The mobile broke though this morning :( and although we've bought another one it's pretty useless so I'm taking it back.

Tonight she just won't settle. She's had the same routine other than she had her bottle before bed and not before her bath and of course the mobile isnt spinning around like it was last night but it's still playing music.

I can't tell whether its best to let her fall asleep while she's having a cuddle when she's like this and unsettled or whether to let her cry and leave her in the crib but be there trying to comfort and soothe her, just not holding her. I worry that if we let her get too used to it and pick her up all the time and fall asleep in a cuddle that she will struggle as she gets older to sleep on her own :(.

She's had some infacol and she's been burped as well. She also seems to prefer when she's having a cuddle to sleep chest to chest with us but of course she can't do that in her crib. I wonder if she just doesn't like sleeping on her back?

Tonight as well she seems to cry for only a couple of seconds or so and then stops and starts again. I can't help but think she's just trying to fight going to sleep

She's a newborn cuddling won't hurt her she probably wants it! Shes been taken out of her safe secure womb into a cold scary world

I'm actually liking your answer. Can't get enough of the cuddles (!!!!!) but OH makes me feel guilty when it comes to bed time cuddles.

Deffo do bedroom cuddles in darkened room with no talking or eye contact. Rock, soothe to half sleep, slowly lie her flat in your arms so she is not put straight in Moses basket/cot from your chest and then after a few minutes lie her down smoothly head touching bed first then pull hand out slowly so her next doesn't snap back as this wakes them and hey presto sleepin babe! Babies can't remember much or manipulate with cuddles etc in first 3 months so cuddle away!

Definitely cuddles :) I still cuddle Cesca to sleep most night :) xx

I still cuddle and rock Jax to sleep too. We did it with our first son and he had no problem self soothing and sleeping in his own bed when he got older :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back