Bath & Bed

Toxic_Angel

Reaction score
Usually i just put tania into bed about 10pm when i know shes tired, she'l sleep through till 7-9am. but last night instead of just giving her a bath, after i gave her one fed her, snuggled her for 5 minutes an put her to bed at 8:15 ish. she woke me at 10am!! can't believe it. aswell as she's got 2 teeth had no bother with an one of her top ones are just cutting through. i'm shocked to be honest! lol
what are your routines?

I'd never go for such a late bedtime tbh simply because it can be a hard habit to break as LO grows. And also it leaves no time in the day for myself or us as a couple. Sooner we could get LO to bed by 8pm the better. Even if he woke in the night for feeds, bedtime was established early on.

We used to let him sleep in his basket downstairs and he'd go off about 8pm and then wake around 11pm for a feed and then a few times in the night. In more recent times we've done lots of feeding late afternoon and early evening and then bath and feed before bed. He's been going down between 8-9pm upstairs for a fair few weeks and finally he started sleeping through 6 nights ago. From 8-9pm to 7am ish :) Until then he was waking at least once a night still for a change and feed.

Of course he may wake in the night still but its defo really good and I enjoy my baby free time in the evenings a lot.

We have bathtime about 7pm and bed by 7.30 (after story and kiss goodnight) and she invariably is asleep BEFORE we've even left the room!!! :rotfl:

Sometimes she gets whingey earlier so she goes to bed earlier.

Anyway she sleeps til about 6.30am.

bath 5:30pm
downstairs 6-7pm supper playing etc
bed at 7pm till 6-30-7ish am

6pm nappy off time in bedroom
6.15 Bath
6.40 PJ's on
6.45 milk
7pm bed

Sleeps till anywhere between 4am and 6am for a feed, then back down till 8am.

I love my evenings too, used to put him to bed at 10pm because he would do 10 til 5, feed then up at 8. and id rather that than him to bed at 8 and up at 6am!! Urgh. As he got bigger, I moved his bedtime forward, its as early as its ever going to be. I love 7pm!!

ky has an early bedtime to, i think in the long run it will benefit him and its also nice that me and OH get some 'us' time.

He has a bath at around 7 a play for 10mins in his room then a nice warm bottle snug in his fav blanket then to bed. hes always asleep by 8pm.

hes stil not amazing in the night. he might wake once for his dummy and will usually wake at some point in the early hours of the morning. a nightmare if its around 5am coz that seems to be his wakey up time :doh: if he doesnt wake for a bottle its normally around half 6. honestly he changes every night tho. today it was half 7 :cheer: last wednesday when i had work in the morning :wall: it was 4.30am :sleep:

Hi moms,

started reading here yesterday and all very useful !!
at the mo will take any time even 10pm
My baby is 7 weeks and goes to sleep when he is tired usually after 10pm feed
Then wakes up 2-3 more times at nights to feed. I am tiredddddddd

When is a good age to start bed time routine?
What do I do?
Do I put him in his bed even if he is not tired?
Do I have to limit his day naps to minimum so he will sleep at night?

Sorry to ask all these Q as a reply but same topic :wave:

Ha, I havent been able to get Emms to sleep until 11pm properly. I have been trying to get her to sleep at 9pm, but she might have half an hour and then is awake again. Last night she was asleep at 10pm after 45 mins of trying to get her to sleep and then she woke half an hour later and it took another hour before she properly went to sleep!!! She doesnt seem to be able to sleep for more than half an hour at all in the day until after 11pm!!!

My routine is that I take her in her nursery with the night light on, she spends some time in her basket with the mobile on, I feed her as much as she wants, keep putting her back in the basket as much as possible, but she still cries a lot and needs comforting. HOWEVER once she is asleep she sleeps for about 10 hours in a row, no waking so i think I'm quite lucky really.

Hi moms,

What do I do?

Sorry to ask all these Q as a reply but same topic
Hi moms,

What do I do?

Sorry to ask all these Q as a reply but same topic :wave:

I started a semi routine from about 6 weeks, younger the better as then it is all they know...nothing too rigid, just bedtime at the same time everynight.
We bath and feed between 7-8pm everynight, and put him to bed awake or not so he can settle himself. If he is not tired, we just sit there and stroke his face.
:hug:
Not sure about day naps yet, as there is no rhyme or reason behind Teds, but it doesn't seem to really affect his night sleep, as long as he's had some sort of nap in morning & afternoon :cheer:

The unbelievable had happened
We put him to sleep before eight as he showed signs of agro and he fell asleep
He woke up half an hour later but we continued putting him back in the cot while reassuring him, rubbing his belly and singing until he went back to sleep

he also only fed twice during the night as most of the times he woke up for other reasons
it was hard though, not being up all night, as by now i am used to that, but his hysteric screams when he woke up each time to realise he is on his on

Thanks for suggestions - lets see what happens tonight...

:sleep:

I introduced a bath and bedtime routine from around 6 weeks. Bath at around 5:45pm-6pm, massage feed and in bed ususally by 6:30pm.

It can sometimes take her 15 mins to settle but that's it then until about 2:30am when she wakes for a feed and then 6:30am she gets up for the day. It may seem early but I need her to be in this pattern for whn I'm back at work :(

I'm still breast feeding so the number of times waking at night can vary, depending upon whether she's having a spurt or not. I don't expect her to sleep through for a good while yet!

I was amazed how quickly she accepted her bedtime routine- even from 6 weeks she didn;t fuss or create much when I put her down to sleep but during the day she will resist sleep at all costs!

we used to fight to keep ted awake past 6.. now im trying to get him to nap downstairs around 4.. then get him to bed between 8-9 because he was waking at 4am..

i think every family has differnt needs, and you have to do what suits you. if it suits you for her to go off to bed around 9pm then thats what suits you. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back