*** Benjamin Darren Paul Willson ***

HeppiBean

Reaction score
On Thursday 7th March I reached my due date. After a failed induction I was feeling pretty rubbish and thought my baby was never going to arrive! I went for a consultant appointment mid-afternoon and was booked in for induction take 2 the following day.

That night when I fell asleep I was all ready to be induced again the following day and was secretly expecting it to fail all over again!

I woke up just after 1AM to a "pain" it felt like a contraction but after how stubborn this baby was proving to be I didn't get too excited. Sat the pain out, rolled over and went back to sleep.

10 minutes later. I woke up to another one.

They carried on right through until about 10 when I took 2 Co-Dydramol for the pain. At this point they stopped! Completely! Just as I was starting to think Ben was actually going to make an appearance. It looks like it was all fake. Gahh!! So I went for a nap.

Not too long later I wake up to more contractions! Yay!! They were really painful so I tried to take more Co-Dydramol but I just threw up :( Ended up walking around the flat squeezing OH every time a contraction came until 2 that afternoon (Friday) when I gave in and called triage. They weren't convinced, as I wasn't convinced, that I was going to be in established labour as I was still very calm and the contractions were a long way apart. But I was about ready to do anything for pain relief, so we headed in.

Ended up getting to the hospital at about half past 3 and I was examined at 4. To discover that I was 6cms! Wow!! I couldn't believe I'd gone that far on 2 Co-Dydramol! Was taken round to the delivery suite and introduced to the midwife (and student midwife) who would be looking after me. I request some gas and air and sit out the next couple of hours bouncing on a ball.

At about 6 I was really starting to struggle with the pain of the contractions and requested some pethidine. They examined me first to check what was going on and I was still only 6cms! What a let down! They explained what was going on.

Bens' head was still very high, so where usually the pressure of babys head is what encourages your cervix to dilate with me it was infact my waters bulging through my cervix, forcing it to dilate.

They gave me the pethidine and went to talk to the doctor who said I would be re-examined at 8, see what was happening and probably have my waters broken then.

At 8 the doctor comes round and examines me. No change. I have to have a scan to check the position of the umbilical cord before they can break my waters. The cord appears to be in a good position but the doctor wants to have a surgical team prepared in case the cord comes down when they break my waters.

Half hour later they turn up and break my waters. There's a lot of them! And no prolapse :) Left to labour for half an hour on the monitor, but Ben kept running away so ended up having to have the clip on his head.

Things progressed very quickly from there. Contractions were coming thick and fast and before I knew it (infact just over an hour later) I was feeling the urge to push. Nobody believed I was actually ready and the midwife kept telling me to stop pushing, but I couldn't. She called the doctor round and they examined me. 10cms with no cervix left. Definitely ready to push!!

3 contractions later Ben was born!!

The little chunk was born at 23:08 on 08/03/13 after a 13 minute 2nd stage weighing 8lbs 15oz. I had a 2nd degree tear which the midwife prepared in the delivery suite and lost just 300ml of blood :) Much better than last time!!

Made it onto the ward at 03:30 and was discharged at 14:30 that day. In total I was in hospital for less than 24 hours :)

So, here he is.

apevydab.jpg

Mummy to Francesca (born at 13:27 on 10/08/11 weighing 7lbs 6oz, 5 days early) and Benjamin (born at 23:08 on 08/03/13 weighing 8lbs 15oz, 1 day late).

Tapatalking!

Congratulations :) he's beautiful welcome to the world baby Ben! X

So cute!! Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Oh congrats hun... he is scrummy xxx welcome Skin side Ben xxxx

Aww Heppi! He's gorgeous!! Well done lovely! You've coped brilliantly it sounds. Massive congratulations! How's Cesca with the arrival of her little baby brother? x

She appears to hate me lol. Is fascinated by Ben, but won't come anywhere near me and keeps playing up :/ I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens xx

Mummy to Francesca (born at 13:27 on 10/08/11 weighing 7lbs 6oz, 5 days early) and Benjamin (born at 23:08 on 08/03/13 weighing 8lbs 15oz, 1 day late).

Tapatalking!

Awww look at those lovely round cheeks you could squeeze em!!..Many congratulations :D

She appears to hate me lol. Is fascinated by Ben, but won't come anywhere near me and keeps playing up :/ I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens xx

Tapatalking!

Awk hun. She's probably just huffing that you're nursing another babba. Once she gets used to it all I reckon she'll be back to her wee self in no time. And I'm sure she loves her wee Mummy and that's why she's playing up, to get your attention rather than Ben have it. They're smart little things even at their age. :hug: xx

Last edited:
She appears to have cheered up a bit today and has been giving Ben kisses :) Still won't give me a cuddle but hey ho lol xx

Tapatalking!

Congrats.hun, shows that he came when he was ready.
Beautiful little man, his cheeks are adorable.
I am sure Cesca will come round, it must be a big shock for her. I am dreading that part with DS too. xxx

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Congratulations, he's gorgeous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's adorable ! Well done luvie . Aoibheann was a bit strange with me when lily was born I just tried to make some special time for her even if it was just a quick story or a bubble bath and a chat . I know it's hard at first but she'll get I've the change quickly . My girls are inseparable now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back