belly button pains

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by zo75, Jul 20, 2005.

1. zo75

zo75 Active Member

Hello all, just wondered if anyone else had experienced sharp pains from your belly button down to your ladies bits. I have these very occaisionally (have had from around week 15, now 19.5 weeks). It almost feels as though there's a cord being pulled tight from one area to the other. It's quite painful and stops me in my tracks at times. when I touch my belly button afterwards it feels really sore.

zx

2. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Hi Z,

I don't get the pains exactly as you describe yours but if I cough or sneeze I get a terrible pain from behind my belly button. It almost feels like it might burst for a split second. And it aches for a while after if I press it.
    I have a very very deep belly button and not sure if this has anything to do with it!! I can't see my belly button popping out during pregnancy either!! Before being pregnant I could stick my middle finger in my hole and my finger would disappear up to the first knuckle bit on your finger!!! TMI!! LOL!!

3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I have had these pains in the past when I wasn't pregnant. I don't know what they are but they're really painful!

4. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

I've had them before pregnancy too. I find it's worse if I'm not drinking enough water (but could be coincidence).

5. emilia

emilia Well-Known Member

As far as I know, our abdominal ligaments are longways (vertical) or from top of ribs straight down to lower pubic area. This apparently causes the aches and sharp stitch-like pains either behind belly button or groin area.
    I'm experiencing this for the 3rd time now - having had it with both previous pregnancies. The bigger your uterus becomes, the more likely your are to have these stabbing pains. Every time I get out of a chair - it hits me very hard and I end up folded over waiting for the pain to fade.
    Just hang in there - you'll get use to it, but my personal advice would be to avoid moving too fast and to tighten your tummy muscles when coughing or sneezing.
    Good luck
    xx :)