being messed around by the job centre

charlotte_

Reaction score
i applied for income support a while ago, i was in college before i got pregnant, and i plan to go back when the babies a bit older, for now though i need the income support. i sent off my matb1 to them about a month ago, i rang them a week later, they said they never got it. i sent them a second copy last thursday, so i rang them again today as they should have got it by now, they said they haven't got it again. they're getting someone to contact me this afternoon about it.
i wish i'd just gone & physically given it them in the first place! i need income support to get the surestart grant, and i need that money for some stuff for baby. he'll be here in about a month & nothing's ready. this is stressing me out so much :(

:roll: bunch of numpties. No wonder you are stressed hun, hopefully someone will be able to sort it when they get in touch later :hug:

they rang me & asked me to fax them the matb1, apparently you can ask the post office to fax stuff for you.
i hope so cause i don't know anyone with a fax machine!

:think: I think they can yea. If not they will point you in right direction. Not many people have fax machines.

i know, it's 2008 not 1980, be easier for my to scan it in & email it them!

Im in exactly the same situation, i applied for income support weeks ago, still no reply, and i really need the money from the sure start but cant claim untill the income support is up and running!!!! its soooo annoying!! there are some things for the house i really need before lo is here and feel like im never gonna be able to get them :evil: its sooooo frustrating!!! evryday when the postman comes im waiting for the reply lol... im gonna go call them tomoro at the job center!!!!!! xxx

that's exactly what's happened to me, yeah. let me know what they say when you ring them, i wonder if they 'lost' yours too? :think:

Well when i applied on fone they didnt say id need matb1, and when i went in to job center to sign the forms they never mentioned it so i dunno?? i havnt got 1 lol, do u know how i go about getting 1??? xxx

it's a form that prooves you're pregnant, and therefore entitled to more money. you can get one from your midwife :D

Ooh thank you. They havnt asked for it yet so hope they dont lol! am seeing midwife fri tho so can sort it then! xx

OH managed to fax it for me today, and they rang me as soon as he had saying the money will be in my bank at the start of next week, i hope so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back