Being induced? Are you informing ppl?

emma_85

Reaction score
I've kind of got my head round the fact that my baby aint coming out without help from induction on sunday.

I just wondered, do I tell my family i'm going in to be induced or do I just contact them when the baby has arrived?

Did you do this previously or are you planning to tell?

Not sure what to do - im getting increasingly annoyed with people constantly asking if he's here yet :mad:

I've told ppl but then I've got to arrange childcare for my other kids so don't really have a choice. Will turn my phone off once I'm in hospital tho,can't b doin wiv constant texts off ppl xx

We have only old my mum and my friend who will look after out animals that we are having a section on due date. Doing this because we don't want people hassling us on the day with "is the baby here yet" blah blah. My mum knows because she had sections so it's nice to have her to talk to.

Plus baby could still come before booke section anyway....sooo we are keeping stum.

Oh im def turning my phone off on the day. Ppl will do my nut in. I just don't see why they can't jut wait to hear - of course we'll tell them if something happens. I feel like purposely not replying to texts now! Also, i'm avoiding facebook !

Oh im def turning my phone off on the day. Ppl will do my nut in. I just don't see why they can't jut wait to hear - of course we'll tell them if something happens. I feel like purposely not replying to texts now! Also, i'm avoiding facebook !

I'm going to constantly text you waahhaahhaa! Lol

So exciting this weekend- so we've got Emma_85 on Sunday and emmamb on tues (possibly Monday)

I've only told the Ppl who needed to know (mum, dad, partner, my half sister n bestfriend)
I'm telling everyone else when he arrives incase a miracle happens n he decides to arrive before hand.

We've agreed that the only person we will tell when I'm in labour is my Dad. Not sure what I'd do if I knew it would be a certain day though....I would like to think I could tell people and they would leave me alone but not likely so would try to keep quiet.

When the time comes I'll be changing my settings on facebook so no-one can post on my wall and switching off my phone. That way I can announce it when I'm ready.

ive told quite a few people but will only tell them when baby is born. obv my parents and mil will know straight away but thats it, i think we need to enjoy baby without rushing off to tell the world xx

hiya hope it all goes well and although it's hard i would really try to get some sleep the night before!

My only bit of advice would be to keep someone "on the outside" informed of whats going on. My induction took a little while to work (although i think i was an exception as it seemed to work quicker for others)and some of my family were worried about me because they hadn't had an update.

I went in on the thursday for induction and my little girl refused to come along or be coaxed out until the early hours of Sunday morning! I obviously don't mean to make you worry and like i said above i saw it happen much quicker for most of the other ladies who were induced at the same time.

My brother was really worried and had never heard of someone being in hospital that long to have a baby and ended up so concerned that he drove all the way down from nottingham to check i was ok.

When your in the hospital you can get a bit caught up in what's going on and we kept forgetting to let others know what was happening! Oh well they will know next time if it happens with this baby!!!!

anyway - good luck - please don't worry about induction - they know exactly what they're doing and you are in the safest hands - hope you have a fab experience and however baby gets here it will be the best thing you've ever done! x x x x

to be honest my friends and family worked it out for themselves as they induce here 12 days past due date...

I ended up getting induced earlier as my waters went but contractions didnt start and I immediately let ppl know he was on his way!

I was induced with DD 17 years ago and we didnt tell anyone until she was born.....

Have spoken to Dh and again have decided we are not telling anyone as our daughter will be there for the delivery and obvisouly so will dh so they are the only ones who matter atm and need to know......

Everyone else will find out once he or he arrives.....xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back