Being funny about finger food

hellywelly

Reaction score
I have been doing TW (mashed stuff) alongside giving finger food at most meals, but my lo has suddenly decided she doesn't like the 'feel' of lots of food. It's hilarious to watch as she kind of picks it up then does this crazy shivery shaking thing as she feels the texture between her fingers before she drops it like a hot potato. Funny to watch but a bit worrying as well as she can't rely on me feeding her forever!! It tends to happen with squishy or slimy foods, which unfortunately includes a lot of fruit and veg, and also cheese, which she used to love. I'm making sure she's getting lots mashed in other meals but has anyone else's lo done this? Is it just a phase?

yep, we are having the same issues, the foods he used to love hes now throwing away and making funny faces, i'm hoping its just a phase, he does like other finger foods now, yesterday he gagged on a bit of banana and puked everywhere when hes never had a problem with banana. just when you think you have it figured out they throw you a curve ball eh?

i think they go thru little regressions with food as control issues and as a way of asserting their independance or reassuring themselves that mummy will sort them out lol. Alyssa gags of things randomly wether shes used to them or not, just sometimes she jams it in awkwardly or too much/too fast. shes getting uppity about me spooning stuff now and wants to eat the mushy things with her hands by herself more now so i can see me having to strip her and put down the vinyl sheet lol. i'll just leave her to it if i can. theyre contrary little things for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back