Being brave

gem44_4

Reaction score
Well decided to be brave and post in the first trimester.

I'm 26 and found out on wednesday that i was pregnant. But.....i'm struggling to get too excited as this is the first time i've had BFP since my miscarriage last November.

I did 2 tests: 1 on weds with fmu, 1 on thurs with fmu, and both times the line came up within 3 minutes. They were only cheap ones though so wondering whether to believe them but had loads of other symptoms too.

Every little twinge i get i panic and i'm constantly checking to see if i've started bleeding.

From my dates i think i'm about 5 weeks and 3 days and i am going to the docs on Wednesday to get it confirmed. Do you think i should request an early scan to put my mind at rest? or hold out until i'm 12 weeks??

A very scared
Gemxx

I was totally the same, I had a mc at the begining of '05 and got my BFP july '06. I spent at least the first 3wks convinced it wasn't going to continue, i got an early scan at 8wks and saw his heart beating away--- I don't think me and OH have ever smiled so much in our lives :D :D
I would try and get a scan if you can (you might have to be a bit 'pushy')it will make getting to 12wks soooo much easier for you.
Big congratulations and take care :hug:

Congrats and welcome!

I too had a loss in Jan 04 and this is a surprise for myself and husband!

Definitely ask for an early scan, I went to my Drs and they offered me one at first appt, just waitin on a date! Can't wait, will help me relax, even if just a little bit!

Good luck, and heres to a happy healthy pregnancy!

congrats on the pregnancy...most Docs just accpet you are if you have took a posiitive test.

I would defo ask for an early scan ..i have no idea the crieteria for getting one but certainly worth asking

good luck for a healthy pregnancy

congratulations again :cheer:

i went to see the doctor n asked about an early scan cos of m/c in may and he said he could see i was worried and so said he would book me in for a scan at 8wks
i think you should go and speak to your doctor and ask about an early scan to put your mind at rest :) so you can enjoy your pregnancy.

i notice from your msg also that we are due on the same day cos i'm 5wks 4days today :cheer:

Hello just wanted to say I am with you on the anxious front, its very hard not to get too excited at this early stage, but I keep telling myself that stress is not good for the baby. I am lucky cos over here in Bahrain they scan you at every appointment (mind you you do have to pay for it but I don't mind). At my first appt the other day they could only see the gestation sac and that was only 1cm so the bubba must be a little dot in there somewhere! Can't wait for next appt Dec 14th.
Try and be positive and I hope you have a very happy healthy pregnancy (that goes for everyone else too)
Oh and CONGRATULATIONS! :D

congratulations :cheer:

have a word with your doc if you're concerned and hopefully you may get one :hug:

congrats! :cheer:

if it will put your mind at rest a little then there can be no harm in asking for an early scan. x

when i went to see my dr they said that as i had previous history of m/c that they would scan me early as well as at 12 weeks...if not, fake some symptoms and take yourelf off to your local epu...but i didnt say that :oops: , i am sure they will be fine though honey...and congratulations...bxx

Hi

I also think you should go for an early scan it will put your mind at ease and help you relax a little more. Keep your head up im sure everything will be fine. :hug:
Katrina

Thanks for the replies girls :hug:

I've got my docs appointment booked for weds morning at 8.50am and definately going to see what he says about having an early scan.

The cramping has totally stopped now, i just get a little twinge every now and then, so i am starting to relax a lot more and not panic so much about everything.

I'll let you know how thhe docs goes.

Gemxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back