Campbell's been in Hospital

Pudds86

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Feels like I havent been on here in ages!! Just an update on my lil boy. His poos slowed down last week, he had been going after every feed but it went down to once a day. I noticed it was taking him a while to get it out but when it came it wasnt hard it was just as normal looking as before. HV told us to try orange juice to try and help him.

Friday morning he woke up really miserable and was making the same noises he made when he was trying to poo. I thought it would pass in an hour or so and got on with the day. He really wasnt himself. normally when he was tired and wanted to sleep he would cry but instead he was SOOO sleepy I was waking him for foods. He was moaning while he was awake but quickly fell asleep on the bottle.

come 6pm I was starting to get worried. I had taken him temp in the afternoon and it was normal. Something inside told me he still wasnt right. I told Carl I needed for phone NHS direct because I was getting concerned. The nurse thought we should take him to get looked at just in case but didnt think it was anything serious (or didnt want to worry us). His temp by this time was 38.5 :oooo:

Got him to A&E by 7pm and he was seen straight away. By this time he was inconsolable. His temp had risen to 39.6 (I was freaking out!!!!). He still hadnt poo'd. He wouldnt finish his feeds either. He was admitted immediately. An IV was inserted and blood and urine samples taken. They told us they thought it was a bladder infection but were concerned it may have spread to his kidneys.

He spent all of Friday night and Saturday morning on a drip to get his fluids up. A doctor came to see us Saturday morning and explained that he still felt it was a water infection but that the panic the night before was because they also were worried he was showing signs of meningitis :shock:. They wanted to do a Lumbar Puncture to rule out meningitis. He had that on Saturday afternoon. It was HORRENDOUS and wouldnt wish it on any bubba. Luckily he wont remember.

We spent another night in hospital and he was monitored regularly. His temp came down wonderfully. We were able to leave the hosp yesterday afternoon but Campbell still has his drip in. He is on antibiotics but they still have not fully diagnosed him. We should get the report back tonight. we are having to go in every night for his meds. hopefully once the report is back they can specify medication.

He was sooooo unhappy yesterday i think he felt bruised and battered. :( he is much happier today but we are soon off to hosp for his meds. He does not like that part and it breaks my heart. Poor little guy.

xxxxxxx

Really hope he feels better soon Hun xx

Oh God, how horrible for both him and you, what a worry!! Hope he is back to full health soon hun xxx

Oh dear.. i hope he is well..when I was reading ur message I remembered the horrific night around xmas when it happened with our son..it was exactly same /..we were in hospital for 4 days and doc again suspected water infection..I have stopped using boiled tap water now ..sounds crazy but I am using still water now..hope gets better soon

hope everything comes back ok and he starts feeling better soon xx

Yeah off up there around 8 ish. Hoping they will have the final reports back xx

Oh the poor little guy! I hope he's on the mend real soon...it's horrible having a LO in hospital, and all those tests and meds really are awful - when Cahal was suspected to have meningitis I felt so helpless...just horrible :( Thinking of you all! x

oh honey how awful, hope he is on the mend now and the reports tonight are helpful. xx

Oh poor you and poor little man, hope hes fully better soon :hug:

Oh Hun how scary. Hope the Little man is better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back