been breech for weeks

Nanc

Reaction score
Does anyone know the procedure if baby is breech? She has been for about 6 weeks, and I am 36 weeks tomorrow. Do they usually take you in early to have a section (or try to turn) or do they wait until you go into labour then may have to have an emergency section? Anyone been in this position? x

I haven't been in that postion. From reading on here it seems they try to turn baby first before a section. I could be wrong though. Hopefully someone will be able to offer better advice

x

They def won't wait till you go into labour as that can be dangerous. Rosa on here has a breech baby...I think the norm is they try to turn, then if that is unsuccessful you get booked in for a c section. I'm sure Rosa can tell you more though xx

turning a baby is more sucsessful if its not your 1st they would monister your babies heart beat before and after and if there is any signs of distress and being turned then they would perform an emergancy c section also they could turn her/him the he/she could always turn back again if the turning doesnt work then you would be booked in for a c section

im currently at 32 weeks and my lo is breech im hoping she will turn as my other 4 was all head down by now i shall be following this thread carefully so please update :)

Thanks all. I have read about EVC and really don't want it. My midwife said it was up to me on my last visit but she didn't want to discuss it any further as she just kept being really positive and saying there was time to turn yet. But I am someone who prefers to know what to expect just in case then I don't worry so much. I have another appointment with her on Friday so will pin her down on what to expect and let you know. xx

I had a breech baby !!
She was breech from 30 weeks and decided she wouldn't turn i was given the choice they would try and turn her or i could have a c-section. I opted for the section as after doing my research i decided that the risks outwayed the benefits and i would rather my baby delivered with no harm and in the safest way possible. Turning a baby is very painful and not always effective so i made the right choice for me some won't even consider trying to turn baby. At 36 weeks you'll be given a scan and if still breech you should be given that choice pm me if you have any questions regarding section as i had a lovely experience :) xx

Thanks Monkei! I found the same info as you regarding having baby turned and would definitely refuse. Don't want baby distressed then have to rush into a c section. thanks for the offer of advice... I will def pm you soon if you don't mind. Its great that you had a good experience And would love to know how you managed it. xx

they wuld turn baby or try theyll give you an injection to relax your uterus then theyll turn baby a tiny bit at a tym theyll scan and monitor if baby gets to stressful they will stop and bring you in for a c section also some times turning baby can fail and they can be stubborn and wont move its sometimes is effective but sometimes its not i had this done with amy as she was breeched unfortunatley it failed but booked me in for c section and on the day they scanned to make sure she was still breeched and she wasnt she was head down a week or 2 after that i went into labour, baby could still turn it self with out the need of them turning they deffo wont wait till your in labour as its risky to give birth feet first but they will try and turn if baby doesnt then if that fails then youll go for a csection and obv this happens b4 your due date

My baby is breech, was given a scan at 36 weeks which showed she is still breech, was given the option of an ecv at 37 weeks (i said I would have one go to try and avoid a section) if its succesfull, (its 50/50) Id have a normal delivery if not a csection booked for 39 weeks, if you goingto labour before section day you have to go in immediately for an emergency cs.

I wasn't that happy agreeing to a ecv, but was told it was worth a go, it was only when I went for it I was told by my consultant (only seen his registrars before then) that I wasn't a suitable canditate for an ecv becuase I have fibroids (one is now blocking the cervix so have to have a csection) , even if the one fibroid wasn't blocking the cervix they don't like doing ecv on women who have fibroids (our hospital anyway)

Last edited:
That's interesting Rosa, I have fibroids too, although quite small ones. thanks v much for the info. x

My first was breech, I had an ECV and it was successful, went on to have a normal birth. I also had a scan to check with this one (3rd baby) to see if was breech & I would definitely have opted for the ECV again, but baby was head down thankfully.
At the end of the day, do what feels best for you x x

I had a breech baby !!
She was breech from 30 weeks and decided she wouldn't turn i was given the choice they would try and turn her or i could have a c-section. I opted for the section as after doing my research i decided that the risks outwayed the benefits and i would rather my baby delivered with no harm and in the safest way possible. Turning a baby is very painful and not always effective so i made the right choice for me some won't even consider trying to turn baby. At 36 weeks you'll be given a scan and if still breech you should be given that choice pm me if you have any questions regarding section as i had a lovely experience :) xx

Hi, how do they turn the baby inside of you? Sound uncomfortable.. x

Hey, been to midwife today who recons baby's turned!!! she was really active last night and my heartburn had gone this morning (her head in my chest was making it worse) so think she just turned last night. Hopefully she will stay put now! if she moves back I will seeking more advice from you lovely ladies! xx

Merfairy, EVC is when a doc tries to get the baby to move by manipulating your stomach.... it looks like kneading bread! you can imagine the discomfort. And often the baby doesn't like it apparently, not surprisingly.

i think my little lady turned last night :) she was making my belly look very out of shape and looked side on then i felt her twange my ribs twice and i have pressure behind my pubic bone again, i hope im right i didnt fancy a ecv or c section on my last baby :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back