Bedtime :-)

Tasha89

Reaction score
Evelyn has slept through since 3 weeks but only if she goes down late at night when we do...

She normally goes down at 11pm and sleeps through until 7.30-10am. We started an earlier bedtime routine when she was about 5months (perhaps too late?) where she was bathed and in bed by 8pm. Everytime we try this she's up every half hour until 11pm and she'll go down until 3.30am! Last night I pretty much saw in every hour!! :wall:

I don't know what to do really. Everyone's dead shocked that she stays up so late but at the moment there's no other way to get her to sleep through, grr!!

Could you try doing it very slowly bringing it forward. So maybe do her bedtime routine and get her in bed for 10:30 first? Then once shes ok with that, bring it forward to 10. This would take ages to get to 8pm but could be easier for her to get used to. I moved Paiges bedtime to 7pm when she was around 2 or 3 months and she would wake up a fair few hours earlier than normal for a while but eventually went back to normal (ie she'd wake up at 12am instead of 3:30am).

I dont think its even too late to put a bedtime routine in place. Its meant that shes got loads of sleep during the early months which is fab and now shes a bit older she will be able to cope with less sleep in the process of it all settling down alot easier (maybe not you though!)

That's what I thought...not sure i've got the patience to endure weeks of sleepless nights trying to get her down at 8pm immediately!
Wish me luck! lol!x

I was gonna say the same as Melio, try bringing her bedtime forward slowly so instead of 11pm do 10.30 for afew nights then 10pm etc x x

Yeah I would go with the gradual thing too. Drake used to go to bed with us late in the beginning and I gradually brought his bed time forward. He now goes to bed 9pm. I want to get this up to 8pm though but it'll happen, I'm quite positive lol

good luck Hun! Xx

Last edited:
Yeah I'd go with melio lol. That's pretty much my input. How's ur lo with napping in the day? X

^^what they said! Good luck hon!

She doesn't nap hardly, EVER! I maybe get half an hour twice a day? An hour if lucky and she still only sleeps 7-8 hours a night! I don't know how she functions!!! lol!x

Lol I need more sleep than that. Yeah naps are a nightmare here too.
In that case, yeah go with melio again lol xx

Tasha it sounds like we have the same baby!!!
Oscar has just started going to bed at around 8pm and is up all night and permanently on my boob! He was better going to bed at 11 with us. He never naps either!

This is my plan for the next week while im on my own without OH (hes on nights for 7 nights straight starting tonight). Zak will snooze between his teatime (6-7ish feed) until his nighttime(10-11ish feed) but wont sleep properly but then will go midnight til half 7 sleeping then up again for another feed. He normally goes back to sleep then til 10/11ish. Therefore, I know he can sleep for about 12 hours with a feed in the middle so going to try my hardest to change his timings abit and get him earlier and earlier. wish me luck !

Tasha it sounds like we have the same baby!!!
Oscar has just started going to bed at around 8pm and is up all night and permanently on my boob! He was better going to bed at 11 with us. He never naps either!

Lol - just seen this post! They must have been seperated at birth! :)

I dunno what to do - i'm sick of everyone saying "Ooh, she stays up late/Shouldn't she be in bed?" But they don't have to put up with a boob-leech until 11pm if I put her down early...

Occassionally she lets us know she's tired and she'll go down as early as 9pm - she fell asleep in the bath once too - she NEVER falls asleep anywhere but on my boobs!

Her routine religiously starts tomorrow - i'm too slack so i'll start a routine and give up 3 days in! I'm a sod for getting downstairs before midday too as we stay in mummy and daddy's bed watching cbeebies whilst mummy has a few extra hours dozing! lol!

Lol tash. I'd so be the same if my eldest wasn't bouncing on the bed screeching to get up!
Let us know how it goes! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back