Becoming homeless

I got rejected by the landlord, he apparently found someone who earns more than me, agent seems dodgy, he said that other flat accepts housing benefits, but their agency just listed it on a few websites and it says no dss/housing benefits. I asked is this same flat as description and location is same, he says no, it is old one and different. I don't understand, if he is lying, then why? I am not paying him anything yet.
Council says until landlord gets court order, which never gonna happen, I have to stay here, even if baby is born. He is not bothered that it is not suitable for a baby and too small.
I am so tired of this. Can't figure out if agent is lying or not.

Been rejected by a few more landlords :( No hope left to move anytime soon. Back to the beginning.

I really feel for you in this situation :( me and OH are having big financial difficulties and have struggles with housing and stuff, but nowhere near what you're going through. I know how stressful it is for us so I can't imagine how you must feel, but you should be really proud that you're getting through it. Obviously I can't offer you any advice that you haven't already tried but I really hope that something comes up to give you a break, I have a feeling that it will and that things will finally go your way and you'll have a comfortable home for you and your baby. Try and keep your chin up, you seem very brave and strong xo

I have good news! One landlord has accepted me through council! It will be ready in a few weeks. I nearly cried on the phone when lady told me I got it! Thanks so much everyone for support x x A miracle!

Wonderful news. So pleased to hear you've had an offer. Take care xx

I don't know whether you know this but the houses which refuse to take housing benefit aren't actually allowed to do it, it's to do with discrimination and equality. For the properties which say that, take a look at the house and talk to the landlord about whether they'd be willing to wave of the no housing benefit rule. If they don't then you can appeal to your council to have it overturned and 9 times out of 10 it works. Just because someone needs benefits to put a roof over their head doesn't make them a worse person and if anything you'll be more reliable to pay on time with housing benefits. Your only other option will be to go into B&B's paid by the council or (as a very last resort) think about a very last minute relocation to somewhere cheaper.
The main thing is to take whatever you can get when you can. B&B's aren't ideal to any level but take it when it's offered, the most important thing is that you and baby have somewhere warm, dry and safe each night. I know it's not much of a consolation though :/
Either way it'll all work out eventually

Thank you, I finally did get accepted by council's landlord and will be moving in a few weeks. It is such a relief I can finally sleep again. I was so praying for my baby to have real home :)

Hi, how are you doing? Having so much stress and worries must be hard on your body and mind, who is already working so hard to grow your baby. I am happy you found a home. how is the pregnancy going?
XOXO

Hey, thank you :) It is coming to the big day, so feeling excited. Getting random small pains and think baby is coming soon, hopefully. I am eager to meet him :) Walking is hard now, I feel like carrying a stone inside!
How many kids do you have? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back